R+L=J v.53

Stubby

Bryan Cogman would beg to differ:

They are perfectly aware of the importance of the relationship with the past. It's just that having for some mysterious reason given up on flashbacks or past centered narrative devices they are left with only (s)exposition. Which is at best... distracting ;)

:bowdown: They better not wait too long. Otherwise, like many of us have said, they just won't be able to establish the emotional connection to Rhaegar and Lyanna that the books have provided. If it comes out of left field in one episode, it won't work very well.

It's by far the best version of all I have seen.

BTW, you know what diappointed me in the show? The costumes. I was so looking forward to all those lavish dresses that GRRM describes, and in the show they all look so bland...

Agreed. And the song still melts my heart.

The costumes were a definite let down which is a contradiction to their claims on character identification.

Shoot, since we're talking about the show in relation to the thread topic, was I the only one who was somewhat irritated by that Jon/Sam scene where they are cleaning the table and have to talk about Ros and her tits? Did they think her pair was so splendid they just had to write a scene to announce them?

Wouldn't it have been so much better if they e.g. had a scene where Jon discussed his dreams with Sam, like he did somewhere in the books? Anything was a better bonding moment than that scene. Could it be that 3 scenes were dedicated to Jon's virginity? One with Sam, and even two with Ygritte? Geesh, overkill. At least use good scenes from the books if you have the room for them.

haha let's not even start about the scenes which were totally useless and added to the show...and i need not get started on some awesome little but strong moments they left out. (e.g. cat teling jon snow "it should have been you" when he came to say goodbye to bran while he was injured and in a coma, or where they changed the consensual first night sex between dany and drogo to non-consensual)

haha let's not even start about the scenes which were totally useless and added to the show...and i need not get started on some awesome little but strong moments they left out. (e.g. cat teling jon snow "it should have been you" when he came to say goodbye to bran while he was injured and in a coma, or where they changed the consensual first night sex between dany and drogo to non-consensual)

damn that was awful and it makes me sick

it looked like she was getting raped everytime until she learned how to "seduce" him. WHY?? What's the point of doing that?

what a POS.

I'm with Ygrain- Olivia Hussey, if only we could roll the calendar back thirty years or so ;)

Btw- do you know there have been two entire threads devoted to this conversation:

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/88613-lyanna-stark-v2/#entry4501884

Lots of interesting ideas over there...

I don't really imagine Lyanna to be innocent looking

Everyone said she had a wild beauty, that goes against being sweet and innocent

So I imagine someone that just looking at her you can see she has a strong personality/wildness

So I imagine someone that just looking at her you can see she has a strong personality/wildness

Something like this?

http://reddera.deviantart.com/art/Lyanna-Stark-P3-Details-372069806

I read wild beauty as natural and unenhanced, which would be in contrast to Cersei's looks as a young lady - IRRC, the wild beauty assessment comes from Kevan's PoV only.

damn that was awful and it makes me sick

it looked like she was getting raped everytime until she learned how to "seduce" him. WHY?? What's the point of doing that?

what a POS.

I mean, when I first read GoT I was so afraid about Dany's first wedding night and I was nervous about what I was going to read next and all of a sudden, this "savage" as he was described earlier treated her soooooo nice and I loved that! i didn't expect that twist.when I first started watching the show i was waiting for that scene .....and i was disappointed beyond belief. it was that aspect of drogo that scene that was supposed to make her change her attitude toward him and make her think that it may not be as hard to love him from then on...

god ti never want to watch that ep. again !!

Speaking of Rhaegar casting, I just came across this

http://imgur.com/768dHCT

...and it me very sad :(

Everytime I think of Rhaegar I imagine a man with a model like beauty, which is always unsusual

Ledger was a great actor, but I don't think he had the looks to be a Rhaegar. I also don't think Orlando Bloom fits

Rupert Friend would be good IMO. He doesn't have a common look, sort of model like and even with a melancholic vibe too, especially his eyes, they're kinda sad

Everytime I think of Rhaegar I imagine a man with a model like beauty, which is always unsusual

Ledger was a great actor, but I don't think he had the looks to be a Rhaegar. I also don't think Orlando Bloom fits

Rupert Friend would be good IMO. He doesn't have a common look, sort of model like and even with a melancholic vibe too, especially his eyes, they're kinda sad

Like here? http://www.aufeminin.com/people/rupert-friend/album653786/rupert-friend-l-album-du-fan-club-0.html

I could go for this one. If they cast Orlando Bloom, I'll throw.

why would they chose Orlando Bloom? He would've been an obvious choice for lancel, but Rhaegar? never

Rupert Friend has got the looks, though I have not seen him in anything but homeland, but I could live with him

Like here? http://www.aufeminin.com/people/rupert-friend/album653786/rupert-friend-l-album-du-fan-club-0.html

I could go for this one. If they cast Orlando Bloom, I'll throw.

No Orlando Bloom :ack:

He was great as Legolas, but just no.

I agree that Heath was probably not aristocratic enough. He was perfect in A Knight's Tale, which is a great and underrated movie. Still, seeing all the impassioned Heath supporters made me :bawl:

why would they chose Orlando Bloom? He would've been an obvious choice for lancel, but Rhaegar? never

Rupert Friend has got the looks, though I have not seen him in anything but homeland, but I could live with him

I've seen some people on the forums here suggesting him for Rhaegar, is all.

Rhaegar is really a tough choice, because we need otherworldy but masculine beauty (haha, sort of elven). In most pictures, he looks effeminate.

Archived