R+L=J v.53

Stubby

Like here? http://www.aufeminin...fan-club-0.html

I could go for this one. If they cast Orlando Bloom, I'll throw.

Yeah

http://25.media.tumb...d257vo1_500.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot...600/wickham.jpg

People insist on using Bloom for R+L=J videos =/

I considered Rupert for Rhaegar because I stumbled upon this on tumblr one day

http://24.media.tumb...cnedgo1_500.jpg

and it won me over

I've seen some people on the forums here suggesting him for Rhaegar, is all.

Rhaegar is really a tough choice, because we need otherworldy but masculine beauty (haha, sort of elven). In most pictures, he looks effeminate.

LOL I know right

What's up with that?

I've seen some people on the forums here suggesting him for Rhaegar, is all.

Rhaegar is really a tough choice, because we need otherworldy but masculine beauty (haha, sort of elven). In most pictures, he looks effeminate.

Let's hope they bother searching for someone who does Rhaegar's appearance and character justice, judging from the emphasis on sex-scenes in general or the changes made to Renly in the show I fear that the melancholic part might suffer in favor of a masculine pretty-boy, although I hope I'll be proven wrong. That is, if he is cast at all and not only referred to by others.

You ship Dany and Jon? :stunned:

One need not "ship" them to predict that they will end up together. Those who think this a terrible, horrible, evil, awful cliche have less faith in our author's skills then they ought.

One of my favorite movies of all time!

The "nude" scene was quite controversial at the time, because Olivia Hussey was so young. But I find it very tasteful, especially compared with the gratuitous sex and nudity we've been whacked over the head with the past two seasons of GoT.

Ftr, I agree with Ygrain about the costumes in the show. Another opportunity missed. And whoever (edit- Nami) said upthread that there will an orgy scene with Oberyn Martell in S4- I think we can depend on it. :ack:

:agree:

One need not "ship" them to predict that they will end up together. Those who think this a terrible, horrible, evil, awful cliche have less faith in our author's skills then they ought.

Haha yes but I'm afraid no amount of skill could possibly justify Jon sleeping with his own aunt.....Anyway you look at it, incest is still incest..... :ack:

Not bad, but not as ethereal. Both her and Sarah Bolger are beautiful young women but they don't have that special charm.

On the other hand she was too young to handle Juliet's great speech at the beginning of Act III scene II. "Gallop apace, you fiery footed steeds...", so that had to be omitted from the movie. The fight between Tybalt and Romeo was not at all true to the play either. The Zeffirellis of the world want to forget that Elizabethan theatre was simply not a naturalistic theatre. Then again I have difficulty imagining a boy playing that role as would have happened in Shakespeare's day :)

Haha yes but I'm afraid no amount of skill could possibly justify Jon sleeping with his own aunt.....Anyway you look at it, incest is still incest..... :ack:

Well, I think GRRM can handle it; he has after all prepared the ground by introducing Targaryen brother sister marriages: an aunt nephew marriage should be a cinch :)

Well, I think GRRM can handle it; he has after all prepared the ground by introducing Targaryen brother sister marriages: an aunt nephew marriage should be a cinch :)

Oh, I can totally see him have those two fall for each other and then drop the bomb.

I wouldn't completely agree with the idea that that's indeed what he's done. In fact IMO I'd say he's done the opposite, I mean It could just as easily be argued that GRRM has shown/taught the readers a very important lesson that one of the factors that contributed to the downfall of House Targaryen was their obsession with Incest and keeping their own bloodline pure which eventually created monsters like Maegar the cruel, Aerion Brightflame, and the "Mad king Aerys". Not only incest for House Targaryen but for Westeros in general.

One of the reason's Tywin Lannister married Joanna Lannister(who was his first cousin) was for the sake of keeping the Lannister family bloodline pure, which eventually resulted in two of their children forming their own incestrial relationship which gave birth to the monster that was known to be Joffrey. Which is why Cersei uses the example of how ppl used to say the Targs flipped a coin to see if their children would become mad or not in her conversation with Tyrion about Joffrey's cruelty, strongly suggesting that Cersei believed Joffrey's madness was a result of her and Jamie's incest, an incest that would eventually become the basis of a Westeros civil war...

After all GRRM has shown us with the history of incest and it's direct relationship to madness in Westeros, I think it would be quite odd that Jon of all ppl would choose to indulge in it, but then again maybe that'll be the tragic/bitter part of his character arc? Now Dany OTHO, I could totally see being down with it as she already seems to have a crush on the dead Rhaegar, and also didn't seem repulsed by the idea of her marrying Aegon if he were still alive, and she's been taught that incest is a perfectly normal necessary practice for her house. But would Jon think that? Idk I just can't really see it happening.

Also you have to ask yourself if you truly believe Jon will ever actually sit on the IT? Because if Jon and Dany both manage to survive and end up together, then it seems more than probable that Dany will want them to sit on the IT, since that's been her main goal since day 1, while Jon's heart is of the North....

You are assuming that Dany will give Jon a choice; I do not assume that. Somehow I recall posting those words not once but several times :)

Also, it is Ser Barristan who uses the example of the coin being tossed each time a Targaryen is born: he attributes that saying to King Jaeharys II. Barristan was speaking to Dany, who is impressed: "This man knew my grandfather". Ser Jorah comes out on the short end of that comparison.....

You are assuming that Dany will give Jon a choice; I do not assume that. Somehow I recall posting those words not once but several times :)

Also, it is Ser Barristan who uses the example of the coin being tossed each time a Targaryen is born: he attributes that saying to King Jaeharys II. Barristan was speaking to Dany, who is impressed: "This man knew my grandfather". Ser Jorah comes out on the short end of that comparison.....

Yes I know that, and I'm well schooled in the info of the books but in the tv series Cersei is the one to say it to Tyrion which obviously gets GRRM's same message of the madness incest is known to produce across to the viewers... Also what do you mean "give him a choice"? You mean the same way King Stannis tried to legitimize Jon and make him Lord of Winterfell and yet Jon still decided that he was going to refuse the offer even if he wouldn't have been voted LC of the NW? Haha just because Dany will want him to do something doesn't mean Jon will do it, the guy does have a mind and will of his own....

Every time people say Jon and Dany will end up together, poor innocent Bran gets tossed out of a window again.

Oh, I can totally see him have those two fall for each other and then drop the bomb.

Developing on this a bit: it would actually be not just a subversion of the trope but a total reversal. The hidden heir gets the kingdom and the girl because of who he is - in our case, being who he is would prevent Jon from getting the girl. The hidden heir is always happy to find out who he is, for Jon it would become a curse far worse than being a motherless bastard.

Damn, now I wish that he never finds out... I'm getting this gut feeling that no good will come out of R+L.

For Rhaegar I've always imagined something along the lines of Brad Pitt in Troy but obviously with a whiter shade of pale hair:

http://www.yeshairst...g-sexy-hair.jpg

And for Lyanna I've always imagined something along the lines of Eva Green in Kingdom Of Heaven:

http://i1.ytimg.com/...g/hqdefault.jpg

Lol, I'm probably the only female alive that can't stand Brad Pitt.

I hope they look to unknown Actors for casting. It will be difficult to capture both the essence of fey unworldliness, and the type of masculinity that could actually go toe-to-toe for hours on the Trident, almost killing Robert Berantheon .

Archived