Small Questions v 10008

Stubby

Well, you know Jon's dreams shift toward the tombs actually opening up... PO'd Kings of Winter ready to defend their Winterfell?

At the very least it won't be an army of green spirits.

Well, that dream did cross my mind when wondering about the reanimation thingy. I agree with mindchap, tho. I really don't want to see all kinds of dead things, people, body parts showing up reanimated. Pretty soon it would be Ned's head, Jaime's hand, Davos' fingers, Theon's member, etc. showing up reanimated...

(ETA - grammar correction)

Ghost's Shadow pointed out that Othor's hand eventually decayed to bones and stopped moving, so I think we can assume that Wights/wight body parts need muscles and ligaments to move. So we can rule out Wight Ned/Lyanna/Kings of Winter and probably even Robb.

Edit: That having been said, zombie Theon's member is going to haunt my dreams.

Oh, ew. :lol:

Perhaps the Kings of Winter are just coming for Jon? They seemed to dislike him.

I do find it odd that they all have an iron sword on their statues like it's ready to be picked up to fight.

The Others are afraid of iron, according to Old Nan, maybe that's why they were put there. Maybe a practical practice that turned into tradition over the years.

God I hope not. There has to be a limit at some point. If we see Ned, Robb, or Lyanna walking around then I will lose all respect for these novels.

I was juz wonderin' coz the Weeper sent Jon three heads and I think it was Edd who said he hope their bodies not coming looking for their heads.

Edit: That having been said, zombie Theon's member is going to haunt my dreams.

It's not going to be a big threat though, but the thought is kinda eww and funny. :laugh:

I was juz wonderin' coz the Weeper sent Jon three heads and I think it was Edd who said he hope their bodies not coming looking for their heads.

It's not going to be a big threat though, but the thought is kinda eww and funny. :laugh:

Edd would have made the best POV to have at the Wall. He has my vote for 999th LC.

As for the other, I would have assumed that became a scoobie snack, considering that it's Ramsay and all.

Is it possible for two wargs to skinchange into one animal/person at the same time?

Maybe. Varamyr claimed the eagle that had been Orell's. Orell, though dead still lives in that eagle. Inside that eagle, Varamyr could feel the other skinchanger raging at his presence.

Maybe. Varamyr claimed the eagle that had been Orell's. Orell, though dead still lives in that eagle. Inside that eagle, Varamyr could feel the other skinchanger raging at his presence.

Ahh, awesome, awesome. Gracias.

Is it possible for two wargs to skinchange into one animal/person at the same time?

Don't forget that many of the crows carried former Greenseers. I am pretty sure that only one can control it, but ...

Small question: In the descriptions of the Robert/Rhaegar battle on the Trident, does it say whether Robert was using his hammer one-handed with a shield? Or two-handed? I thought I remembered they were both mounted and making pass after pass in the water then Robert caved in his chest, rubies go flying, Rhaeger dropped into the drink...etc. I always imagined he would use it two-handed (and after I saw the replica for sale, it makes more sense, ha ha).

hello, this is my first post :)

i have two questions:

1Is it know where Blackfyre and Darcksister are?

2 how is year determind in westeros when there are no regular seasons?

Welcome to the forum! :grouphug:

1) Afaik no. Darksister was last seen wielded by Bloodraven, but it's unclear whether they allowed him to keep it when imprisoned in the Black Cells (well, almost surely not) and sent to the Wall (well, perhaps). Blackfyre was carried over the Narrow Sea by Bittersteel, but may well have been used in later Blackfyre rebellions. There are some theories that Varys and Illyrio got it and it's in the chests they gave to Aegon... but that's just speculation of course.

2) GRRM confirmed that a year is how long it takes to go around the sun (and the length is also roughly 12 aSoIaF months, which seem to be about as long as Earth-months). Years can be determined by looking at the night sky (which constellation stands where).

Archived