Small Questions v 10008

Stubby

hello, this is my first post :)

i have two questions:

1Is it know where Blackfyre and Darcksister are?

2 how is year determind in westeros when there are no regular seasons?

1. Nobody knows but lots of theories. Darksister was last in posession of Bloodraven before the Black Cells. Bittersteel took Blackfyre across the Narrow Sea. 2. One revolution around the sun.

Think there's any chance that Dark Sister was used by other Targs after they probably took it from Bloodraven? It would be odd if they had it sent to the Wall with him when they already didn't have Blackfyre any more, though we hear nothing about it. Maybe Rhaegar did have it (crypt?) but he just didn't use it? Also strange, though.

Some hang out at The Wall, as Maesters. Others follow hedge knights around the seven kingdoms, until eventually becoming king anyhow. Other than that I am not sure.

Aemon and Aegon. Would Bloodraven be considered a prince? I know some become Hands.

Would the rest of those guys take roles helping to run the realm as administrators or on the small council? I can imagine some of them just living a life of leisure.

Court sessions were held in the throne room in Kings Landing, when people came to make their voices heard or to ask something from the king etc.

Is it also called 'to hold court' when lesser houses hear the pleads from commoners and others? Like when Bran listens to his people with Maester Luwin for example.

Aemon and Aegon. Would Bloodraven be considered a prince? I know some become Hands.

Would the rest of those guys take roles helping to run the realm as administrators or on the small council? I can imagine some of them just living a life of leisure.

The next guy in line would be the Prince of Dragonstone. Summerhall was also a Targaryen castle so I think that another spare heir would rule Summerhall.

Court sessions were held in the throne room in Kings Landing, when people came to make their voices heard or to ask something from the king etc.

Is it also called 'to hold court' when lesser houses hear the pleads from commoners and others? Like when Bran listens to his people with Maester Luwin for example.

Just so. It's one of Lord's rights to hold court in his territory. We're given an example of Randyll Tarly holding court in Maidenpool, usurping this duty from Lord Mooton.

Just so. It's one of Lord's rights to hold court in his territory. We're given an example of Randyll Tarly holding court in Maidenpool, usurping this duty from Lord Mooton.

So during these court sessions, can any house grant a lordship to one of their own people? By that I mean someone that lives within their territory. Or which of these can:

Royal houses,

Great houses,

Noble houses,

Knightly houses,

or lower?

Granting lordships isn't connected with holding courts. At the end of ACOK, Lannisters decided to grant lordships publicly, in quite a court-y manner, but they could have just as well done it privately.

I'm not sure about this (and I'm not sure even if we have a reference for this), but I think only King may grant lordships. For example, King granted Ser Garlan lordship over Brightwater; Riverrun to Emmon Frey or Harrenhall to Janos Slynt.

However, stripping lordships can be done by Lords Paramount, as well, best example being Ned stripping Ser Jorah of his lordship over Bear Island.

Archived