Small Questions v 10008

Stubby

Gilly is Craster's daughter and Wife. Making her son a son to Craster and a grandson at the same time.

but this is after the baby switch, so it is not really Gilly's, but Mance's and Dalla's. i have wondered this myself and no one has ever answered.

yeah it really just doesn't make any sense but it seems like a pretty glaring mistake to me if there really is no answer

but this is after the baby switch, so it is not really Gilly's, but Mance's and Dalla's. i have wondered this myself and no one has ever answered.

Right... wasn't thinking with timeline in mind :dunce:

Yes, there is at least one:

Oh now you are just friggin awesome. We already knew Theon's goose was cooked (assuming he even wanted it anymore). Now, I know the Boltons are going down too. The old gods just can't stand for that bs, can they? Thanks. Any more instances?

I think he meant because it will be raised by Gilly.

On that, what is Jon's long-term goal for the child? Is he ever going to know that he is adopted, so to speak?

On that, what is Jon's long-term goal for the child? Is he ever going to know that he is adopted, so to speak?

The plan was for Sam to tell his mother that he was his bastard so that her and his sisters would take Gilly and the baby in while Sam goes to the Citadel. I think Jon was just more concerned with keeping it alive than making long term plans. Makes you wonder if maybe Ned didn't feel the same way at some point. :)

The plan was for Sam to tell his mother that he was his bastard so that her and his sisters would take Gilly and the baby in while Sam goes to the Citadel. I think Jon was just more concerned with keeping it alive than making long term plans. Makes you wonder if maybe Ned didn't feel the same way at some point. :)

Well then, nothing can possibly go wrong then! :P

As for Sam, poor fellow, he is about to give his parents the shock of their lives!

Well then, nothing can possibly go wrong then! :P

As for Sam, poor fellow, he is about to give his parents the shock of their lives!

Just his mom though, I doubt they will tell his father plus he's in KL anyway.

Could Qorin Halfhand be Jon's Nissa Nissa?

I don't think so. Qhorin was killed with Longclaw, but nothing about the sword changed during the fight. Additionally Azor Ahai killing Nissa Nissa was a conscious act that AA did in order to forge his sword after he felt he had already been selected and knew he needed to face the others.

Jon doesn't know who he is, despite us shipping, and killing Qhorin wasn't a consciously thought out act.

Do you think the SOIAF will last long enough for him to care (about 5 years)?

Lost Melnibonean used logic!

Critical hit!

It's super effective!

Yukle fainted!

Lost Melnibonean used logic!

Critical hit!

It's super effective!

Yukle fainted!

Heh, nice reference.

I thought, that if anything, he might send for the boy after everything settles down, to give back to Val. Provided everyone is alive and well. That might be too happy an ending though lol.

Heh, nice reference.

I thought, that if anything, he might send for the boy after everything settles down, to give back to Val. Provided everyone is alive and well. That might be too happy an ending though lol.

Bran's final chapter will be seen through the Weirwood at Whitetree where young Aemon Rayder is praying for the strength to lead the newest batch of Wildlings. :)

Now that's not really a "small" question, is it?

Mwahaha. :D

Seriously though, I think that the Yellow Whale takes the crown, followed by Illyrio and then Wyman. For one thing, Wyman lives farther north, where it is harder to put on weight and i think he's pretty able to walk and even ride (despite his moniker).

yeah it really just doesn't make any sense but it seems like a pretty glaring mistake to me if there really is no answer

Yeah, I asked the same question a couple of months ago. The consensus was that it was most likely a mistake on GRRM's part - like Renly's eyes and Jeyne's hips.

Seriously though, I think that the Yellow Whale takes the crown, followed by Illyrio and then Wyman. For one thing, Wyman lives farther north, where it is harder to put on weight and i think he's pretty able to walk and even ride (despite his moniker).

nope, he has to be carried in a litter because he's too fat to ride, IIRC.

Archived