Small Questions v 10008

Stubby

The realm yes, but shouldn't Jon Connington see him as a king? It doesn't matter at all, but it seems strange.

Maybe JonCon calling Aegon king now is contrast to what the kiddo has been taught. Aegon is being shaped, trained, and instructed to rule, not being told that kingship is his by right. So he must prove himself first that he is the king the realm deserves before anyone can call him king.

Forgot where I read it, but it's thought the male babies are fodder for the wights.

You're probably remembering when Old Nan is telling Bran the scary stories in GoT (Bran IV - Ch 24). She's telling how the Others were overtaking Westeros and she says "They hunted the maids through frozen forests, and fed their dead servants on the flesh of human children."

What happens to a married man's marital status if he has taken the black? Let's say Ned took the black but men of the NW don't need wives, will his marriage to Catelyn become null and void then?

This is an excellent question. I don't think it is addressed really, in the books (I could be wrong). Perhaps the wife would be considered to be a widow? Or would it be more like a "legal separation"?

This is an excellent question. I don't think it is addressed really, in the books (I could be wrong). Perhaps the wife would be considered to be a widow? Or would it be more like a "legal separation"?

A man who joins the Night's Watch renounces all titles, family and former positions. Since taking the Black is a method used by criminals to avoid execution, I'm sure there'd be more than a few men who did it to avoid (or escape from) marriages. Their former wives would be considered unmarried, I'd say, in the same way that it seems that all of their titles (if any) pass to whoever they would have in the event of death.

You're probably remembering when Old Nan is telling Bran the scary stories in GoT (Bran IV - Ch 24). She's telling how the Others were overtaking Westeros and she says "They hunted the maids through frozen forests, and fed their dead servants on the flesh of human children."

But even if Craster were making a son every other year that wold not do the trick. They must serve some other purpose. What is it?

Was reading up on an old Lyanna and Rhaegar thread and I was wondering: Are there any Targaryen polygamist marriages that involve women from other families? Or not three Targaryens?

Maegor the Cruel has several wives (I forgot how many, seven or eight? couldn't find the SSM but it's there) and one of them is Jeyne Westerling (not Robb's wife).

Is it ever cleared up about how Jon got on the horse at Queenscrown?

I didn't realise there was any ambiguity. He hops onto his horse as anyone in a hurry would have done.

ETA: Or at least, that's the impression I got. :S

I didn't realise there was any ambiguity. He hops onto his horse as anyone in a hurry would have done.

ETA: Or at least, that's the impression I got. :S

This part:

He rested for a while to let the horse graze. She did not wander far. That was good. Hobbled with a bad leg, he could never have caught her. It was all he could do to force himself back to his feet and climb onto her back. How did I ever mount her before, without saddle or stirrups, and a sword in one hand? That was another question he could not answer.
I thought maybe he was beginning to feel wargish before Ghost ever comes back.

This part:

I thought maybe he was beginning to feel wargish before Ghost ever comes back.

It seems no different to Sansa's recollection that Sandor kissed her as he departed. Sometimes memory is just fickle and I daresay that Jon had so many things on his mind when he escaped that most of the details are lost to him.

Maybe JonCon calling Aegon king now is contrast to what the kiddo has been taught. Aegon is being shaped, trained, and instructed to rule, not being told that kingship is his by right. So he must prove himself first that he is the king the realm deserves before anyone can call him king.

I think he has been told that Kingship is his by right, he's just getting an education in how to be good at it.

Jon and the horse:

Adrenaline? The skills of his mother coming out? Nudge at R+L=J.

Maybe just me being too bored trying to see things where they are not. He doesn't remember being shot either I thought maybe he "reached" for the horse as he took the arrow in the leg. Seems like you would remember being goosefeathered though.

Archived