Small Questions v 10008

Stubby

Hey remember a while back we were discussing lying in front of a heart tree? I think I found another instance where Dontos swore to Sansa he would send her home when he was playing her false. Was he doomed because of it?

I don't know if this belong to the show forum, but does anyone have a file of the pilot episode (that one with different actors) ?

Someone must, but for now at least the original pilot is not publicly available to my knowledge.

Hey remember a while back we were discussing lying in front of a heart tree? I think I found another instance where Dontos swore to Sansa he would send her home when he was playing her false. Was he doomed because of itm

Unless I'm mistaken Dontos never lied in front of a heat tree because there is no Weirwood in the King's Landing Godswood. The reason for this is that unlike most castles in Westeros King's Landing was built relatively recently, after Aegon's conquest.

Unless I'm mistaken Dontos never lied in front of a heat tree because there is no Weirwood in the King's Landing Godswood. The reason for this is that unlike most castles in Westeros King's Landing was built relatively recently, after Aegon's conquest.

There is a heart tree only it's an oak instead of a Weirwood.

Someone must, but for now at least the original pilot is not publicly available to my knowledge.

I seem to remember that in the godswood-equivalent at KL there was a weirwood tree, but all that remains of it is a stump. Gets back to my prior question - can parts of weirwood trees be part of the weirnet?

Jeor & Jon agreed no man could lie before a heart tree not a weirwood.

They were both followers of the old gods. I think it's safe to say that for northerners "Heart Tree" can be assumed to mean a Weirwood*. While the Eyrie and Kings Landsing have Heart Trees that are not wierwoods, I've never heard anyone suggest that non-weirwoods could be part of the Wiernet/Old Gods.

*Just to clarify I'm not saying every Weirwood is a heart tree, but that for the CoTF / first men every Heart Treee was a wierwood.

About how to become a lord: The lordship is granted. We've had several examples where the crown would create lordships. I'm not actually sure, but possibly lords paramount can raise lordships in their domains as well.

Then I guess --as they are the second most powerful house-- that for example the Manderlys could grant a lordship when the Starks were Kings in the North?

Is it significant that Varys suggests to Joffrey to blame Barristan for Robert Baratheon's dead (ACoK, Tyrion I) ? I.e. Varys wanted Barristan dismissed because it weakened KL and maybe he suspected he would go to Essos.

Then I guess --as they are the second most powerful house-- that for example the Manderlys could grant a lordship when the Starks were Kings in the North?

(Possible) ability of Lords Paramount to grant lordships has nothing to do with them being seconds most powerful houses, but by them being Lords Paramount. When Starks were kings, Manderly may have been powerful, but they were "only" simple vassals, nominally equal to other vassals such as Umbers, Karstarks or Mormonts. They could not have had the right to grant lordships.

They were both followers of the old gods. I think it's safe to say that for northerners "Heart Tree" can be assumed to mean a Weirwood*. While the Eyrie and Kings Landsing have Heart Trees that are not wierwoods, I've never heard anyone suggest that non-weirwoods could be part of the Wiernet/Old Gods.

*Just to clarify I'm not saying every Weirwood is a heart tree, but that for the CoTF / first men every Heart Treee was a wierwood.

What kind of heart tree did the Northmen pray before at RR after WW & the Battle of the Camps?

Is the location of the sword blackfyre known

No. Some believe it is in the crypts of Winterfell, some believe that if Aegon is indeed a Blackfyre he may have it, or that it is simply missing. Maelys Blackfyre was the last known bearer of the sword.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Blackfyre

Archived