Small Questions v 10008

Stubby

Are there any theories on what bloodraven did with dark sister?

He probably either hid it, or it was taken from him. Some believe he might have been allowed to take it to the Wall with him, but since it's the last ancestral sword for the Targaryens I'm not too sure. Either way, the sword seemed to have disappeared from history so far.

I seem to remember that in the godswood-equivalent at KL there was a weirwood tree, but all that remains of it is a stump. Gets back to my prior question - can parts of weirwood trees be part of the weirnet?

No, it's an oak:

The night the bird had come from Winterfell, Eddard Stark had taken the girls to the castle godswood, an acre of elm and alder and black cottonwood overlooking the river. The heart tree there was a great oak, its ancient limbs overgrown with smokeberry vines; they knelt before it to offer their thanksgiving, as if it had been a weirwood.

I don't think that say, the weirwood rafters of Harrenhall are part of the Weirnet, maybe a stump because it is still rooted into the ground you know? Since the CotF got so upset at the trees being cut down I think that probably breaks the connection and any memories the tree had are lost.

No. Some believe it is in the crypts of Winterfell, some believe that if Aegon is indeed a Blackfyre he may have it, or that it is simply missing. Maelys Blackfyre was the last known bearer of the sword.

http://awoiaf.wester...x.php/Blackfyre

I've never heard the theory that it would be in the crypts of Winterfell, got a link to a thread or something?

What kind of heart tree did the Northmen pray before at RR after WW & the Battle of the Camps?

I believe that Riverrun has a proper weirwood heart tree. The wiki disagrees and says that all the southern wierwoods, even in godswoods, were cut down. I know that's not true. For example Arya see's the still standing weirwood heart tree at Harrenhall and compares it to the one at Winterfell. I think the Eyrie and Kings Landing are the only two major castles without Weirwoods. (Though the Blackwood's tree is seemingly dead.) The Eyrie because one wouldn't take route in the thin soil and King's Landing because it was built only 300ish years ago.

Targaryens burn.

I think the Dothraki also burn their dead, so if Dany convinced Drogo to show his body any kind of respect I think it's safe to say that he burned.

Edit: I forgot that Mel convinced Stannis to burn the Weirwood at Storms End and I don't think there was ever one on Dragonstone because it was a Valyrian outpost.

I can't remember. How much does Roose know about what happened in winterfell? Does he absolutely know for certain that the boys who were killed during Theons hold over winterfell were not the Starks?

Thanks in advance!

He knows. Ramsay to Roose in ADWD

“Stark’s little wolflings are dead,” said Ramsay, sloshing some more ale into his cup, “and they’ll stay dead. Let them show their ugly faces, and my girls will rip those wolves of theirs to pieces. The sooner they turn up, the sooner I kill them again.”

The elder Bolton sighed. “Again? Surely you misspeak. You never slew Lord Eddard’s sons, those two sweet boys we loved so well. That was Theon Turncloak’s work, remember? How many of our grudging friends do you imagine we’d retain if the truth were known?

I had a very strong feeling when reading Tyrion's last chapter in ADWD about Quaithe's prophecy that "once for gold" would be Tyrion betraying her for "All the gold in Casterly Rock". Has this been discussed?

Also, I think Victarionn is going to be a victim of the dragons. When Moquorro Tell Victarion that every night he sees his glory in the flames of his nightfire, I got shivers. Victarion has visions of glory that are quite different from Moquorro's me thinks.

I hope this is ok to post here. This forum is getting so huge that I'm never quite sure.

I had a very strong feeling when reading Tyrion's last chapter in ADWD about Quaithe's prophecy that "once for gold" would be Tyrion betraying her for "All the gold in Casterly Rock". Has this been discussed?

Yes, it has. Nearly everything has been discussed about House of the Undying prophecies, including Dany's betrayals and Tyrion as potential betrayer. One thread even suggests that some of prophecies are false

Also, I think Victarionn is going to be a victim of the dragons. When Moquorro Tell Victarion that every night he sees his glory in the flames of his nightfire, I got shivers. Victarion has visions of glory that are quite different from Moquorro's me thinks.

It's almost general consensus that Moqoro is playing and using Victarion and Vic doesn't see it.

Is the kindly man old ? How old is he ?

For some reason (probably because of his skull face) I think he's very old.

Extending the life span with magic is possible after all; Bloodraven, the Undying, Melisandre etc.

Is the kindly man old ? How old is he ?

For some reason (probably because of his skull face) I think he's very old.

Extending the life span with magic is possible after all; Bloodraven, the Undying, Melisandre etc.

He does look old. I don't think it's specified how old exactly, but he is called old: "The yellow skull was melting too, and the kindliest old man that she had ever seen was smiling down on her." (AFFC, Arya)

That being said, with him being a FM that may mean nothing at all.

Can anyone link me to the most current, largest thread dealing with Bran and the shadow visions? Oh, I extensively used the search options on Westeros already and I kept finding threads that were old, went only one page, or started to get silly and not serious.

I am doing my very, very slow and extensive entire series re-read. My last one before six comes out. I came to the Bran chapter again, and after banging my head and teasing out that prophecy I came out with a few ideas and interpretations. And I want to see the best thread on it to see if others came to these conclusions, if they were brought up before, or alternate interpretations.

Oh, believe me, I already read the article on this prophecy in The Citadel.

I am not a thread starter. Too many double and triple threads lately too. I would rather post in one that is established already.

Thanks so much, if anyone can help.

We expect it is with the current head of House Blackfyre in a manse in Pentos.

This, although some of us also expect it has now been moved, via a large chest alleged to contain candied pineapple, into the possession of the young heir of House Blackfyre.

sup guys first post woahhh

so what's up with that conversation Arya overhears in the dungeons of King's Landing in Game of Thrones? Who was talking? I've never been able to figure that out; though I assume on a forum like this that's common knowledge, or there are at least theories as to who was talking.

Hey remember a while back we were discussing lying in front of a heart tree? I think I found another instance where Dontos swore to Sansa he would send her home when he was playing her false. Was he doomed because of it?

No, he was doomed because Littlefinger is a psycopath.

As far as Dontos knows, he wasn't lying. He truly thought that he was helping to send Sansa back to her home. Littlefinger had no reason to inform Dontos of his true plan.

Archived