NYC BwB: Brooklyn Baseball

naz

Since I'm a restless soul, I've already started thinking about our next BwB meetup. We've been having a good run, so I'm hoping we can continue the momentum. For a while, the X's and I have been thinking about a minor league baseball game.

I'm partial to the Mets farm teams, obviously, and I think Coney Island makes for a better meetup area than Staten Island, so I'm all for a Brooklyn Cyclones game at MCU Park (formerly Keyspan Park; when the hell did that happen?). It so happens that they're doing a promo night on Friday, August 9th, 7pm with...

Star Wars Night!

Here are the details. We don't have to do that night (or even that team), but come on... can you *think* of a better night for a bunch of geeks and baseball fans? Since this event is in the X's home turf, I'll gladly let them sort out where we could go before or after for drinks/food/fun.

Opinions? Availability? Other ideas?

Love the idea, and while another Star Wars baseball night would be fun, we will be on an airplane flying away from NYC that day. :(

Good thing this isn't the only game the Cyclones play this year. :)

(Also, when did State College get a baseball team?)

Fack. I can't see doing this without the X's. What dates can you do? Here's a promo schedule. I'm thinking any of the following:

Fri, 7/19: Garden Gnome (?) + FDNY Appreciation Night + Fireworks

Sat, 7/20: Springsteen Fireworks

Sun, 7/21: Nickelodeon Day feat. Spongebob (Too kids-oriented?)

Sun, 7/28: Travel Mug + Italian Heritage Night

After that, you guys will be abroad, right?

eta: I don't mind going twice, actually. The rest of us can still do Star Wars night, while whoever wants to go with the X's and me can go in July sometime.

eta2: There's a Star Wars Night at CitiField, too, on Tue July 23, but that costs twice as much. I might go to that as well.

Fri Aug 9th is my Mom's birthday, so I don't think I can make it even if I could get my butt to Brooklyn by 7pm.

Saturdays are best for me for a whole host of reasons (including the pup situation). I guess I'll wait to see what is best for the group. Looks like I might have to sit this one out, though. <pouts>

meh,

NYC-BwBers: host something for me between 7/23 and 7/27 would ya?

it can involve beer (winks at XRay)

alternatively, it can be 7/15 ~ 7/18, but I'd prefer the former dates because I won't have the family around (I will be free!!)

I can't join you on 7/19 because I'm going out of the city and returning on the 22.

EDIT: oh and the meh is because I definitely won't be around during Aug. 9.

the date works fine, anyone's got suggestions? TC can you join us?

Yes I can! :) I hardly got a chance to talk to you last time so I'm glad you will be back. And I approve of 'it can involve beer'.

Should we start a separate topic for July 27th meet?

Archived