Am I the only one who loves Varys?

Josh546

Hey I have seen the first three seasons of HBO's Game of Thrones and have now read the first book of the series and is it just me or is Varys awesome. I mean he is similar to Little FInger IMO and really knows how to play the "game of thrones" I also find it cool how we know little of his past and have not idea who he is. I believe he is related in some manner by blood or service to the Targarians and that he is plotting for the return of Dany.

Yup, Varys is awesome. Has many good lines in the book.I'm glad they translated at least some of them to the screen!

The main reason I like ASOIAF is the scheming and plotting and let's be honest: Varys (and LF ofcourse) are masterminds!

• 2 weeks later...

I think Varys is awesome, too. He is cunning, and interesting, and I like him for that. I used to compare him to Littlefinger, but now I decided I prefer Varys, because he is not so treacherous, and (he says) he is helping the realm, and not trying to get glory, titles lands or whatever for himself. I don't think he is completely trustworthy, but he is better than Baelish. And he has helped some good characters too. There had been some things which made me think he is in Dany's side too, but up to the page I have last read he doesn't show it openly.

Varys is in fact one of my favourite characters. He is mysterious, intriguing, witty, dark and utterly captivating.

In fact, I like Varys' character so much that I am currently working on a study of it, which I should be posting in ASoIaF General soon.

If you like Varys now, just wait until you've read up to aDwD - some interesting little surprises ahead. :)

i love him. he has a great back story and a fascinating network. and his title is awesome: master of whispers. really cool.

i think conleth is doing an amazing job bringing him to life in the show.

@AerysBlackfyre

Eddard Stark: Tell me something, Varys. Who do you truly serve?

Lord Varys: The realm, my lord. Someone must.

That was the moment Varys became one of my favourite characters. I've noticed most characters in this series have at least one line that defines them, and for me, that was Varys'.

• 3 weeks later...

I love Varys! He's one of the truly free characters in the book - his intention to serve the realm frees him from obligations that tends to limit other characters. He doesn't have to do things to preserve familial legacy (nicely emphasized by his condition) and he is not limited to serving the realm with only one task, like defending the Wall or the King. He achieves things with his intelligence and wit.

I've finished book one and i'm just at the start of book two, i kind of hated varys before i read up a bit about him but then i started to like him because i know of his intentions now.

You can't know that yet in acok.

I think Varys is awesome, too. If you've just started reading the book, keep reading until you reach the end of book 5. There are some sweet surprises ahead. :)

Yeah, Queen Visenya is right. Varys is an awesome character and really interesting, so keep reading. ;)

Varys is in fact one of my favourite characters. He is mysterious, intriguing, witty, dark and utterly captivating.

In fact, I like Varys' character so much that I am currently working on a study of it, which I should be posting in ASoIaF General soon.

If you like Varys now, just wait until you've read up to aDwD - some interesting little surprises ahead. :)

:agree:

• 2 weeks later...

Varys is one of my favorite characters too! His conversations with LF in the series were also priceless. Having watched 2 seasons before started reading the books, didn't allow much space for my imagination to actually shape Varys. I wish he had his own PoV chapters.

Varys is one of my favorite characters too! His conversations with LF in the series were also priceless. Having watched 2 seasons before started reading the books, didn't allow much space for my imagination to actually shape Varys. I wish he had his own PoV chapters.

Martin allready confirmed Varys will never have a pov.

So unfortunately we can

never 100% know wether Aegon's real

Archived