How powerful is Rickon?

The Fallen

I think all the 'Rickon's wildness' is a big red herring. I think at the end of the series, Rickon will be the Lord of Winterfell, with all the other Starks dead/married off/ etc. I think he'll be a much closer clone of Ned than any of the other Starks, and most readers will be surprised after all his 'wildness'

He's wild because he is a toddler. And his Ma n Da have both done one. A 3 year old is the most stubborn and irrational force known to man kind without all the shit this kids been through. If Osha can give the kid some core stability with a loving secure and consistently present care giver he has as much chance of turning out A.OK as any other child who is removed from an unstable and threatening home environment.

That remember me the thread about "Bran is the evil incarnate" and that Bran would steal his brother's body...

I think that Rickon is a "powerful" warg like Jon and Arya... not a exceptional one like Bran.

He's wild because he is a toddler. And his Ma n Da have both done one. A 3 year old is the most stubborn and irrational force known to man kind without all the shit this kids been through. If Osha can give the kid some core stability with a loving secure and consistently present care giver he has as much chance of turning out A.OK as any other child who is removed from an unstable and threatening home environment.

Some 3 years old children are true spawn of devil.

` It's fine to be skeptical. But how about actually giving some input? No one is making claims. We're simply wondering what Rickon's abilities are as he clearly (at least to me) is more than just a warg. Hence the question, "how powerful is Rickon? "

If you want to be rude that's entirely up to you. No one's feelings are going to get hurt.

That remember me the thread about "Bran is the evil incarnate" and that Bran would steal his brother's body...

I think that Rickon is a "powerful" warg like Jon and Arya... not a exceptional one like Bran.

Some 3 years old children are true spawn of devil.

It is known.

Obviously he has the dreams but I doubt he will be a greenseer like Bran. That would not be like Martin, especially since all of the Stark siblings paths has diverged so enormously.

Some say he is overlooked and easily dismissed but I can't see how they believe he is so powerful or meaningful. Please correct me if you believe otherwise but to me he is just a pawn that's being thrown around in the game of thrones, not much special than Hodor.

ETA: As I said, the Stark children has all evolved to very different characters so in respect to that he could have something special about him since his actions aren't anything special. I mean, Bran has special abilities and Arya has done so much. Well and I guess if she fulfill her path to be a faceless man he will get some abilities.

` He's probably not a greenseer, but he does have greendreams. That's pretty significant, I think.

While I agree that what Rickon can do now is limited, he's still important because he's a legitimate Stark heir, something Hodor is not.

And if Martin still plans on fast-forwarding the story that will age Rickon. If we're headed for another long-night then Rickon will be about fifteen by the end.

ETA: As I said, the Stark children has all evolved to very different characters so in respect to that he could have something special about him since his actions aren't anything special. I mean, Bran has special abilities and Arya has done so much. Well and I guess if she fulfill her path to be a faceless man he will get some abilities.

We have a wizard, an assassin, a king, disputably a LC of the NW, and a lady. What would fit the set? A raider? A sailor? Or, to our all disappointment, a puppet?

Rickon's primary power throughout the series so far has been invisibility. :P

:rofl:

I haven't scoured all the posts yet, but am I the only one who can see Rickon growing up to be just like Ned? Warging version of Ned, of course. He's full of baby-rage at the moment, but he'll come back cold. Cold anger is far more terrifying than heated anger, any day.

eta: ps...love the avatar

I think all the 'Rickon's wildness' is a big red herring. I think at the end of the series, Rickon will be the Lord of Winterfell, with all the other Starks dead/married off/ etc. I think he'll be a much closer clone of Ned than any of the other Starks, and most readers will be surprised after all his 'wildness'

:agree:

That's what I've been thinking since my re-read. He's lost so much, but he'll grow into the role with time. I think the rumours of cannibalism on Skagos is just a form of protection, and he'll be learning the Old Ways, with all the old history.

Archived