If L+R does = J, who will drop the bomb?

Lady Flandrensis

A Barristan Selmy quote is "Prince Rhaegar loved his Lyanna and thousands died for it." While that's fairly common knowledge the subtlety of "his" Lyanna is delicious.

As for his going after his "true king" Jon is still a bastard, as far as we know, while Viserys and Dany are legitimate heirs.

Actually the KG at the ToJ prove Jon's a legitimate son of R+L as they wouldn't stay behind to protect a bastard when Viserys and Rhaella are on Dragonstone.

Maybe no one....maybe it is GRRMs way of avoiding the biggest fantasy cliche ever and the secret Targ heir never rises up to King, he just stays an arrogant self entitled idiot slain by his own men.

And disappoint all the fangirls? Such an awful thing must not come to pass.

A Barristan Selmy quote is "Prince Rhaegar loved his Lyanna and thousands died for it." While that's fairly common knowledge the subtlety of "his" Lyanna is delicious.

As for his going after his "true king" Jon is still a bastard, as far as we know, while Viserys and Dany are legitimate heirs.

Not if Rhaegar took Lyanna, for a second wife. After all, you just provided evidence that Rhaegar loved her. That being said, Selmy knowing that they loved each other doesn't mean he knows about Jon. That knowledge, may make Jon being who he is, more believable.

Some theories:

-If married in front of a heart tree, Bran will see it, and probably hear Rhaegar giving a monologue about the PtwP. How will Bran transmit his knowledge....

-If they married seven's stylish, the septon who married them. There's a theory that says that it's Septon Meribald :dunno:

I think it's assumed in Westeros that Rheagar raped Lyanna, or at least Robert was convinced of that. If intercourse is assumed, and later it's revealed that they were actually married, I think somebody will consider the chance of a baby, and wonder its whereabouts.

Other people that may know from first hand:

-Howland Reed

-Some Dayne, Ashara perhaps, if she's still alive.

-Willa (although she may not know R+L=J, she can confirm that Ned brought a newly born baby from ToJ), she surely is in the plot.

Other theories say that there's something hidden in the crypts

-A crown

-A will

-A dradon egg

-Dark sister (!? I have just invented this)

Jon may find out through a dream

-Bran sending a dream

-Sleeping on a weirwood bed

-drinking shade of the evening...

Others say that Jon riding a dragon will be proof enough of his targaryen blood...

well, that's all the possibilities that come to my mind right now

Actually the KG at the ToJ prove Jon's a legitimate son of R+L as they wouldn't stay behind to protect a bastard when Viserys and Rhaella are on Dragonstone.

They would if Rhaegar told them to. Frankly I'm not sure there's a lot of information getting to and fro the Tower of Joy in the middle of a war, which leads me to believe that Art Oz and Gerry may have simply had no clue what was going on until the Magnificent Seven rolled up, and also leads me to ask: how did Ned figure out where Rhaegar stashed Lyanna at all?

They would if Rhaegar told them to. Frankly I'm not sure there's a lot of information getting to and fro the Tower of Joy in the middle of a war, which leads me to believe that Art Oz and Gerry may have simply had no clue what was going on until the Magnificent Seven rolled up, and also leads me to ask: how did Ned figure out where Rhaegar stashed Lyanna at all?

Good question. How would Ned have known? Does anyone know that?

They would have stayed there if Rhaegar told when all the Targ heirs were alive. By the time Ned had arrived all those infront of Jon to the throne (Aerys, Aegon and Rhaenys) were dead, making Jon the heir as his is the last child of Rhaegar, and comes before Viserys and Dany.

As for who told Ned I think Howland will reveal who told him.

The day characters believe R+L=J is the day Fat Walda becomes skinny, Cersei wins a brain, the Iron Born actually accomplish something and Arianne miraculously becomes a virgin :D

I'm having a hard time seeing Jon believe it

Unless of course George decides "fuck it! Screw LF, Varys and the whole concept of the GoT, I'm giving the throne to Jon Snow because I want Westeros to be just like Narnia" :)

Lord Wyman Manderly.

He's old enough to recall the events of the Harrenhall Tourney and Robert's Rebellion and seems like a man that can sit on a secret. No-one would question his word and he's known across the north.

Howland Reed is obvious, but who amongst the northern lords knows who he is? And how would he get someone to listen to him?

I think the reveal will be a combination of the two.

@Joe Pine Manderly, really? Ned didn't even tell his wife of fourteen years because he was so scared for Jon's safety

Are people even trying to give a logical explanation? I remember a post claiming that Lyanna's tomb held a her and Rhaegar's marriage contract :lmao:

Howland knows but I still believe Jon will find out via Bran.

I think it will be the other way around. Bran will see it, but will probably not be the one to tell Jon. I just don't see the point of keeping Howland a mystery this long for any other reason but to reveal Jon's parentage late in the story. It could go either way though honestly.

The day characters believe R+L=J is the day Fat Walda becomes skinny, Cersei wins a brain, the Iron Born actually accomplish something and Arianne miraculously becomes a virgin :D

I'm having a hard time seeing Jon believe it

Unless of course George decides "fuck it! Screw LF, Varys and the whole concept of the GoT, I'm giving the throne to Jon Snow because I want Westeros to be just like Narnia" :)

Except Jon has no claim to the Iron Throne, the Baratheons took the throne by force, making the Targaryen claim null and void. Jon's parantage has more to do with the prophecies and the Others than it does to being king.

Archived