Boardology - resurrected...

Mladen

Jaime's morality law: A poster will not try to make any attempt to justify Jaime throwing Bran until they've read ASOS, despite the circumstances surrounding the incident being unchanged.

According to some, Jamie was actually a closet utilitarian prodigy, who, in the seconds between seeing Bran and shoving him out the window, was able to calculate that if he didnt push Bran out that window, his sister would die, children (who he really cared about) would die, a war would start and countless thousands would die.

Furthermore, he definitely wasnt thinking solely of himself, and possibly Cersei. Its not like his children were nothing but "squirts of seed in Cersei's c**t", or were put in danger by him fucking the King's wife, in the home of the King's best friend, that they had never been to before, and had no real idea of the possibility of being discovered.

ebevan91's Omnipresence Law: Every single thread about ASOIAF and GOT in every forum on the internet will always have at least one post made by ebevan91, who happens to use the same nickname in all of them.

Maybe you have not reached it yet? :dunno:

You were right I hadn't reached that chapter on my re-read. I totally forgot about the 4 men burned at the stake for eating one of their own.

Grizzled Older Person Law:If a member is over a certain age, cantankerous posts will ensue.

Corollary to this law: this is more likely if the poster is over 60.

(Hint: I am 64.)

Are you GRRM?

Are you GRRM?

Fortunately, no: GRRM never reads or posts as far as I know. And I would not want the responsiblity GRRM now has (I.e., finishing the series :) My hint was merely an indicator that I am one of the aforesaid cantankerous elders. :):

c. Search function is mysterious device to half of this community

In all fairness, the search function often doesn't work. It says, "Oops! Something went wrong..." about half the time I use it. I tend to lurk more than I post, but it's not because of ignorance that some people aren't searching.

Grizzled Older Person Law:If a member is over a certain age, cantankerous posts will ensue.

Corollary to this law: this is more likely if the poster is over 60.

(Hint: I am 64.)

:cheers: I love you older members so much. Just so you know.

Hey, this lives even after my movie!

Flo and Theda's Law of Avatars:

It is likely that the members Florina Stark and Theda Baratheon will have a new avatar for every week.

Littlefinger Baelish's Law of Characterization:

The above member will often reply about Littlefinger as if he is in fact, that character.

Kittykatknits' Law of Catelyn:

Cat the smartest person in the series.

Law of Names With Stark In It:

We are Legion. We attack swiftly and without remorse. The North Remembers. Very few of us are Dany fans. (But there are some exceptions)

In all fairness, the search function often doesn't work. It says, "Oops! Something went wrong..." about half the time I use it. I tend to lurk more than I post, but it's not because of ignorance that some people aren't searching.

When the search on the forum isn't working, just go to Google and do a site search. ("site:asoiaf.westeros.org" followed by what you want to search for.)

When the search on the forum isn't working, just go to Google and do a site search. ("site:asoiaf.westeros.org" followed by what you want to search for.)

Thanks for that, there you go. :)

Even with that, though, as people often post clever titles (which is interesting and makes them more readable) you have to be oddly specific in what you search for sometimes to ensure that a thread is unique. Also, some forums don't like necroposting and people may be trying to observe a common etiquette by not posting into a very very old thread.

It has been turned off for the past few months due to increases traffic from the snow. The error message should be going away.

Thanks for that, there you go. :)

Even with that, though, as people often post clever titles (which is interesting and makes them more readable) you have to be oddly specific in what you search for sometimes to ensure that a thread is unique. Also, some forums don't like necroposting and people may be trying to observe a common etiquette by not posting into a very very old thread.

Law of Necrobumps:

Wait...what necrobump law? :P

Gendry's Law: if Stannis dies, and Shireen for some reason can't inherit, Gendry is next in line despite him being unknown to all but a few characters and Edric Storm being Robert's recognized bastard and the child of a noblewoman.

Because he's, um, good looking?

Archived