Moments of Foreshadowing 5

Fire Eater

A rose is also associated with House Tyrell.

Yes, but the line is specifically referring to colors, so that's why I didn't mention the Tyrells.

The sun was coming up behind them, and she watched them go from black to grey to a thousand shades of rose and gold and crimson.

The color 'rose' is a pinkish color, so it could represent the Boltons.

Good observation, I like this one because I really think "two towers" refers to the Twins.

Also, considering how Lannister colors are crimson and gold, not just gold, I think the final coloration, all gold, is a reference to the Gold Company capturing the Twins. Or, perhaps more likely Walder Frey switching allegiances away from the the Lannisters/Boltons to the Gold Company. Makes as much sense as anything else until the books come out.

If Lyanna had lived, we should have been brothers, bound by blood as well as affection. Well, it is not too late. I have a son. You have a daughter.

"Maybe Lady Lysa will marry you to her little Robert."

I think this is foreshadowing for Arya who is described as a younger version of Lyanna, marrying Gendry, who is described as a younger version of his father.

the ancient prophecy shall be fulfilled. Your dragon shall awaken and spread his stony wings.

stone wings enfolded the smith and armory

Jon takes up residence in Donal Noye's old quarters at the smith and armory, hinting that he is the dragon in the prophecy.

Would Jon be the stone dragon in the Undying prophecy?

From a stone tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire...mother of dragons...slayer of lies...

I've skimmed through the first four threads and you guys have foreseen quite a bit! I have something to add it might be wayyyyy off but I didn't want to start a new thread for some minor thought.

So I'm currently doing a book re-read of the series and listening to the audio book at the same time. Now since I'm bored, my mind starts to come up with all sorts of crazy ideas. So I stopped when I came to a certain part and it made me come to the forums and finally read a lil' bit of the GNC. So in a nutsell,if the GNC is indeed how things are going to play out. Robb's will legitimizes Jon, and Jon becomes KitN with the whole North behind him.

Like I said i didnt read all the threads on the GNC just skimmed. So with that being said Im assuming that the south will not be okay with this.

So I was reading a Ned chapter and he was talking to Cat about the possibility of a war and he said this......

"The Lannisters are merciless...but they would not dare attack the North without all the power of the realm behind them, and that they shall not have."

Could this be foreshadowing that the whole body of the south will come together to attack the North? But it won't be under the lead of the Lannisters. But a Targaryen....

I do have a point so stay with me please,

Is it possible that the second dance of the dragons isn't Dany vs Aegon as most people think ( it's possible that Aegon is a fake, and its possible that he's not even a Blackfyre). We know he (Aegon) invaded and is staking his claim in the Stormlands. Could by some miracle Dany finally makes it her mission to get to Westeros and arrives only to have her army make really short work of Aegon and his crew. And she offs the regime currently in KL and all the realm except the North accepts her as queen. She is furious about the north not falling in line and wants the whole realm just as Aegon I had it all so....

Heres where it all comes together: GNC meets Dance of the Dragons 2.0

The first dance did consist of TWO actual Targaryens after all, and lets assume Aegon's identity is as stated above. So assuming that R+L=J then Jon is indeed a Targaryen. I'm not saying Jon will shout to the world that he is Rhaegar and Lyanna's son. I'm just stating that his parentage makes him a actual Targaryen. So Jon would be a Targaryen, and Dany would be a Targaryen. Thus the two real dragons dancing. Jon's little stabbing issue is of course solved at this point and he's been crowned(let's assume this all resolved swiftly while Dany and Aegon were fighting). Dany with the southern realm behind then goes Aegon II on Jon and the North making it Dance 2.0

Okay done. I must add I do NOT subscribe to this going down at all but, it was just a thought and I had to get it out there

I think most people think that the Dance will be between Dany and Aegon. They're the ones who supposedly bring in the extra army. The North has other fish to fry than getting involved into that.

And I think Jon will be smart enough not to spread around what he is, if he is. There's no benefit from screaming he's a Targ, too.

I sure hope Howland Reed won't be spreading it around, it's really not his business. Jon himself should be the one to decide to tell some people, if any. I wouldn't blame him if he stayed with the Starks. They were raised with him.

Now, the how? There's a few theories on that, but none really conclusive, let's say? It could be that this whole coma/death? thing for Jon is of the same kind as Bran when the Crow visited him, so perhaps he's told then, or he might be updated on other things to do with the Others?

There is a chance Bran already knows where Jon comes from, as he seemed to have forgotten another memory on top of the one where Jaime threw him out of that tower. From AGoT, right after Ned died:

“You must put these dreams aside, they will only break your heart.”

The mention of dreams reminded him. “I dreamed about the crow again last night. The one with three eyes. He flew into my bedchamber and told me to come with him, so I did. We went down to the crypts. Father was there, and we talked. He was sad.”

“And why was that?” Luwin peered through his tube.

“It was something to do about Jon, I think.” The dream had been deeply disturbing, more so than any of the other crow dreams. “Hodor won’t go down into the crypts.”

I thought that might have meant Bloodraven specifically sought Bran out to give Ned his moment to tell Jon still, like he wanted to in the cell, but through Bran.

Don't know if that's how it'll happen, we'll see.

"The black priest bowed his head. There is no need. The Lord of Light has shown me your worth, Lord Captain. Every night in my fires I glimpse the glory that awaits you." From the last Victarion chapter in ADWD. Possible forshadowing of Victarion being burned by dragons. The Red Priest think that to die by fire is glorious.

]"The Lannisters are merciless...but they would not dare attack the North without all the power of the realm behind them, and that they shall not have."

I would be very, very curious to do an "audit" to check all the times in ASOIAF a character has given an opinion predicting that some character either would never do, or "would not dare" do something, versus whether that character went on to do that very thing. I'm curious because of this quote in AFFC:

The Freys had broken all the laws of hospitality when they'd murdered her lady mother and her brother at the Twins, but she could not believe that a lord as noble as Yohn Royce would ever stoop to do the same.

As it turns out, Yohn Royce didn't stoop to do the same on this occasion, but maybe he will on another, or another lord "as noble as Yohn Royce," Nestor Royce, will, now that Alayne and Littlefinger are guests at the Gates of the Moon.

I would be very, very curious to do an "audit" to check all the times in ASOIAF a character has given an opinion predicting that some character either would never do, or "would not dare" do something, versus whether that character went on to do that very thing.

Tyrion Lannister may lead Dany's forces North against the Northmen with all the force of the South except forces in KL.

Crackpot Foreshadow

Arya holding Lightbringer.

In that case let me crack this pot some more

they [dragons] are death and devastation, a flaming sword above the world.

Arya does resemble Visenya to some degree

where half his [Gerion's] crew had deserted him and he had bought slaves to replace them.

Only three days past I showed these same Unsullied to a corsair king who hopes to buy them

Hints that the corsair king is actually Gerion Lannister

On page 246 of Clash Bran is hosting the harvest feast at WF... He watched them as from a distance, as if he still sat in the window of his bedchamber, looking down on th he yard below, seeing everything yet a part of nothing.

"He's of my village. You know nothing, Jon Snow. A true man steals a woman from afar, t' strengthen the clan. Women who bed brothers or fathers or clan kin offend the gods, and are cursed with weak and sickly children. Even monsters."

Jon Snow stealing his future bride from afar.

Archived