Horn of Winter (Steel and Snow possible spoilers)

Krystalis

It's a long shot but I believe that the Horn of Winter is in Claw Isle.

In aSoS: Steel and Snow pg 203, when Jon first encounters the giants of the wildlings he thinks of a song about the Horn of Winter blown by Joramun. In the song the horn wakes giants from the earth. But when he compares the giants of the wildings to the giants of the song he notices that they are different. Perhaps not in their size but in the weapons that they carried.

Now, in the same book on page 413, Ygritte cries and says that the wildings opened half a hundred graves and let out shades(which I believe are the Others) into the world and yet never found the Horn of Winter.

Now, coming to page 493, Ser Axell, who wants to be Hand of the King for King Stannis, counsels Stannis to attack Claw Isle for treason. When Davos thinks of all the things they could plunder from Claw Isle amongst the list is 'a horn that could summon monsters from the deep'.

Now if my theory is correct, what is the horn doing so far to the south on a tiny island? Who brought it? Is Joramun's grave on Claw Isle? Or did someone from Claw Isle found the said horn when they were to the north?

I know there are theories suggesting that the Horn of Winter is the horn that Ghost found on/near the Fist of the First Men but the descriptions do not match. The horn of Winter is supposedly 8 feet long and the horn that Jon/Ghost found had to be relatively smaller. Jon thought it was a regular Warhorn. It may have belonged to Benjen Stark.

What are your views on this theory?

In the end of asos Mance

Showed the horn to Jon (and in adwd

Melisandre burns it

) So probobly these theories are wrong or Mance made a fake horn, but I don't think he did (partly due because of the adwd spoiler.

(I hope it is possible to put a spoiler into another spoiler)

He'll explane it, it's because (read if you allready want to know, don't read if you wonna find out yourself, no big spoiler, only something he said)

He wants to be protected against the Others and the wall can do that, so he doesn't want to destroy the wall, he only wants to prevent the Others from using the horn.

Don't remember were i read it, but there is in fact three horns, the third, supposedly to rise krakens from the deep. Sounds as if this is that one.

Oh right, the horn (not a big spoiler but also not as small as the last two, it's your choise wether you read it or not)

Euron showed in affc was one of these others, didn't think of that.

Then the question is where the tird horn is.

I to thought the horn was the one that was found by Ghost in ACOK. Why bury the things then if not important?? I also thought it could be a couple others mentioned in AGOT and ACOK. I believe the horn could be meant to wake the children, giants and others who fought with men against the others so many years ago. I think there are different horns that come together creates the horn.

Archived