[Book Spoiler 1-5] Wouldn't it be great if...

KingInTheCave

I'm saying that resurrection in general takes away from the sense that no one is safe, Beric was brought back five times and was mostly fine each time.

It's one thing to have someone reanimated as a mindless wight or zombie as we saw in the first chapter, but it's a completely different thing to bring back full-fledged human beings who think, talk, have all their old memories, and can make decisions other than kill.

I'm not sure where you are going with this. No one brought back a full-fledged human being. Certainly not one that has all their old memories. In fact, that was kind of a major point that was raised.

Also, it isn't the fact that resurrection is possible which mitigates the 'threat' of death. It's how the author uses it in the story. In fact, I'd argue that resurrection as we see it in ASOIAF makes the actual threat of death even more jarring.

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't it be great...

...if Theon saw that Asha/Yara was coming to save him and wouldn't go? Say she shows up and doesn't recognize him earlier than in the books. His Reekification would be complete, then, and he may let her leave without "finding" him. And then she's captured by Stannis as a direct result, further adding to his burden. That would heighten a recognition scene at the Wall when Yara realizes she had seen him and that he hid.

It would mean no Kingsmoot for Yara. Hmmm, maybe Balon's death could wait until word of her failure and capture comes back. Then his murder would seem even more like a suicide. Then the Ironborn could hold a Kingsmoot in season 5 and introduce the Greyjoy Brothers then.

Anyway, just a thought.

Well, this thread is really about one topic, not a general "wouldn't it be great if" topic. So on UnCat, I would be disappointed if she didn't show. Michelle's appearance can easily be masked by having Cat appear in a Bran dream in the same episode. You could even use the dream footage in teasers. And with all the Beric setup, I have every expectation that she will pop back for an appearance or two next season.

• 3 weeks later...

I think the viewers would love it and I think we will see Cat much like in the books. After the bunch of insane things that will occur this season, people will finally get the feeling that vengeance will be served.

It would have cheapened it if it happened this season as it would have been these huge deaths and then well, Cat comes back. Seeing Cat in episode 10 this upcoming season and hanging some Freys, I think the viewers will love it.

Archived