Who else thinks Brienne and Jaime would be a good couple?

Oh they have great chemistry and I agree, they should hook up. But I don't see any happily ever after for these two only bittersweet endings. GRRM won't let that happen; he likes his characters fighting, hating, lying, or turning against each other. Ugh!

Judging only by the events on A Storm of Swords, I'd say Brienne and Jaime already are a good couple.

They just don't know it yet (or at least, they don't know it as well as the readers do).

I don't see any happily ever after for these two only bittersweet endings.

Technically, they are each other's bittersweet endings already:

Brienne's first love was killed by a shadow man in front of her the book before, and Jaime's first love was revealed to be unfaithful to him in the first book of the saga.

Oh they have great chemistry and I agree, they should hook up. But I don't see any happily ever after for these two only bittersweet endings. GRRM won't let that happen; he likes his characters fighting, hating, lying, or turning against each other. Ugh!

:agree:

To me, the real miracle is that Jaime could fall in love again after Cersei - even if he doesn't notice yet - and Brienne could warm herself to another man after she lost Renly in such as brutal way. Its a bittersweet relationship because, if they could've had their happy ending, they would've never chosen one another (and what an amazing thing they would've missed).

Yes, I like them as a team too, and maybe even as a couple. But with GRRM, the characters who find love always lose it. They will find a reason to part and take different paths, or one of them will die, as the others who had found a partner (Gendry/Arya Jon/Ygritte Robb/Jeyne). Of course, there is still a chance of being reunited in the end.

I don't feel it diminishes the love story only because its adult fantasy. Aragon marrying his one true love, Harry Potter having children with his childhood sweetheart or none of the Twillight kids ending up single its fine for young adult books. But the reality is that people die at war: Robb may never get back to his wife, a soldier like Yrgitte can die in battle, children like Arya and Gendry could get separated long before they even figure out what they feel for one another and the first love of Brienne (Renly) - much like the first love of Jaime (Cersei) - could end up in heartache/disapointment at a moment's notice.

I like them as a team. I'm not sure about them as a couple though. Brienne definitely seems to have had a major impact on Jaime. Can't say the same about Brienne though. She doesn't seem the type who would warm up to a guy so easily. Definitely not someone who called her wench for the majority of their interaction. I see them becoming great friends though.

I really like them both and it would be nice to see them together. I highly doubt it will happen, though. :(

Then again, that's the obvious ending for any pairing like them on network TV, which tells me this show and the books would go in a completely different direction.

Game of Thrones doesn't do obvious.

Then again, that's the obvious ending for any pairing like them on network TV, which tells me this show and the books would go in a completely different direction.

Game of Thrones doesn't do obvious.

I know haha, more chance of both of them dying terrible deaths.

Once again, horrible deaths are the obvious ending just as much as imposed separation and/or watching each other die to save one another.

People like Jaime and Brienne just don't end up together in epic fantasy. Hence the reason I believe A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones will go a different way.

I like them as a team. I'm not sure about them as a couple though. Brienne definitely seems to have had a major impact on Jaime. Can't say the same about Brienne though. She doesn't seem the type who would warm up to a guy so easily. Definitely not someone who called her wench for the majority of their interaction. I see them becoming great friends though.

In AFFC, Brienne thinks about Jaime almost constantly. She refers back to what he might do or think about situations she finds herself in. She also called out his name while in a fevered sleep when captured by the Brotherhood Without Banners.

I'd say that she is just as affected by him as he is by her. Their relationship, should they ever have one, would be based on a mutual respect and admiration; they've helped each other grow so much. I can't see it being highly romantic, but I definitely believe the two are better off together in some fashion than not at all.

• 3 weeks later...

I found it funny when at Harrenhal in the baths that Jaime's body reacted to Brienne being nude. He claimed it was because he was he was too long away from Cersei, but i thought otherwise. i think although he may not find her physically attractive that she has great skill he admires. Her skill with a sword and fighting ability is something I think Jaime is drawn too. i think both could learn from one another. not so sure about being a romantic couple just yet, but at least Brienne would not use Jaime as her puppet like Cersei does.

I believed that he had been away from Cersei far too long. Problem is, per Jaime's own admission, Brienne was the complete opposite of Cersei and he made the point not to see her as a woman with detailed description, so he wasn't supposed to react to her that way.

The only reason I see for his body to betray him and for his voice to tell her the truth, despite his mind was yelling at him the whole time, seems to be that his feelings betrayed him first.

Brienne's first love was killed by a shadow man in front of her the book before, and Jaime's first love was revealed to be unfaithful to him in the first book of the saga.

I think their story doesn't end there yet so there's still a "to be continued." In the end or before the end, one of them (or worst, both of them) will die. :crying:

I mean there's obviously chemistry between them, and he wanted to protect her from the bear and he had a dream about her. :bang: They should just get together!

I agree they are, or should be, a couple. Their social status is commensurable, and their sigils quartered would be a sight!

I would like to know the book and chapter of Jaime's dream of Brienne, please.

Brienne has changed Jaime for the better.

Yes, indeed!

Jaime has learned the meaning of knighthood and chivalry through his adventure with Brienne.

In AFFC, Brienne thinks about Jaime almost constantly. She refers back to what he might do or think about situations she finds herself in. She also called out his name while in a fevered sleep when captured by the Brotherhood Without Banners.

I'd say that she is just as affected by him as he is by her. Their relationship, should they ever have one, would be based on a mutual respect and admiration; they've helped each other grow so much. I can't see it being highly romantic, but I definitely believe the two are better off together in some fashion than not at all.

I'm looking forward to both their continued adventures, especially Brienne.

I think their story doesn't end there yet so there's still a "to be continued." In the end or before the end, one of them (or worst, both of them) will die. :crying:

Jaime and Brienne created their own "to be continued" when they grew close to each other, but as far as their individual stories was concerned, Renly's death was the end for Brienne's story and Cersei's affair with Lancel the end of the story for Jaime.

They have already seen the one they love die, either literally of figuratively. The only reason they are exposed now is because they created something they could lose all over again.

Archived