Who else thinks Brienne and Jaime would be a good couple?

I think although he may not find her physically attractive that she has great skill he admires. Her skill with a sword and fighting ability is something I think Jaime is drawn too. i think both could learn from one another. not so sure about being a romantic couple just yet, but at least Brienne would not use Jaime as her puppet like Cersei does.

Skill. After having grown to know the finest Barbie of all the Seven Kingdoms (his sole diet), I can imagine the skill of Brianne, her dedication and loyaly to her charge and oath, even her stature, to come to him as the truly fine and honorable woman that he's never known; a rare woman. We have seen Jaime's demons and the noble man he claims to be,under the weight of the kingdoms he's given oath to.

Yeah, they could be a couple, they could be romantic....but it's already been right (they bring out each others humanity)...I pray to all the Gods, old and new, that they continue to know one another.

Saying that, doesn't the Lord of Flowers want her dead for the Slaying of King Renly?

Yeah, they could be a couple, they could be romantic....but it's already been right (they bring out each others humanity)...I pray to all the Gods, old and new, that they continue to know one another.

I love the way you've phrased this... That they continue to know one another is just such a beautiful and simple thought. It really sums up my feelings about the two of them and makes me realize that they don't need to be attached romantically, that their lives are better for knowing each other at all.

I think Brienne would be Jaime's soul mate (not Cersei )which kind of explains their connection from the beginning(classic girl hates boy & boy irritates girl story)...but I think Jaime dying in Brienne's lap (like Ygritte & Jon) is a more GRRM style fate for this couple.

It would be repetitive: Renly already died in Brienne's arms the very book before this one. Jaime can't top that.

No. They would not make a good couple, but an awkward couple going on quests. Anyway, I think the Beauty will soon kill Jaime, because she is an honorable woman so if she chose to live then she must suffer the consequences, thus killing the Kingslayer.

• 1 month later...

They are too passionate to be friends.

The only reason they have remained platonic is that Brienne has never been with a man and Jaime doesn't know how take the intitiative with a woman (Cersei always took the initiative for him).

They, literally, don't know what to do with each other.

the dream Jaime had when his head was resting on a weirwood root (the dream that brought him back to rescue her) makes me think the old gods think Jaime and Brienne would be a good couple.

R'hllor seems to be partial to them too, makes me wonder if they have a role to play in the long run after all.

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, I like them as a couple. She underscores the deceit of Cersei's "love" for Jaime (the Kettlebacks, Lancel). He has the beauty that should have been Brienne's. And, as pointed out, then both lost a "love."

Cersei has repeatedly said that she and Jaime will leave this world as they came out. Which takes me completely off thread -- what will Jaime be accused of when he arrives in KL? He has committed the same crimes as Cersei. (no hijacking, I know)

Despite Jaime's redemption, I think he dies.

They are too passionate to be friends.

The only reason they have remained platonic is that Brienne has never been with a man and Jaime doesn't know how take the intitiative with a woman (Cersei always took the initiative for him).

They, literally, don't know what to do with each other.

R'hllor seems to be partial to them too, makes me wonder if they have a role to play in the long run after all.

According to Jaime, Cersei never took initiative, except when she had to manipulate Jaime into doing something.One of his thoughts was "She never comes to me, I always had to come to her" or something to that effect. And Cersei thought of Jaime as (spoiler from A Feast for Crows)

the kind of "dangerous" man Taena was talking about (when she talked about her Lyceni lover) who never takes "no" for an answer, even if you reject him a hundred times - and in the end you realize you cannot resist him; Cersei smiled mischievously and said she knew a man just like that, but when Taena asked who, lied "Robert" while thinking of Jaime,

which also supports the idea that Jaime was usually the one to take initiative, the one being passionate and initiating sex.. (We certainly saw that in the crypt. Interesting that she tried to resist but changed her mind, but when she tried to seduce him in his 'work place', he said no and she didn't change his mind, perhaps a sign that he was already growing apart from her, partly because of Brienne.

Archived