Azor Ahai IS The Prince That Was Promised (proof)

I believe the prophecy of AA/TPWWP has been and is still being at least slightly misinterpreted,by both characters in the book and real life fans.

Firstly the characters in the book thought AA had to be a male, then Aemon realised this was not true. Marwyn spoke about prophecies being a fickle thing.

IMHO ,there must be more to this prophecy that is subtle and or cryptic that GRRM is withholding.

Fans believe that Daenerys has already fulfilled all the prophecy requirements, yet the prophecy says AA will not be reborn UNTIL a great winter and darkness falls on the land, which has not happened yet.

I believe that AA will not be revealed until either the end of the next book or the middle of the last book.

Having said that, I see Jaime as the only character really in position to acquire Lightbringer through the 3 steps of tempering. Now you can certainly get really metaphorical with the tempering and say that it is really just experiences and the character itself is symobolic of lightbringer, in which case AA could be ANY character, but I think Jaime is the strongest candidate if you take the tempering prophecy literally.

• 3 months later...

I have been working on a theory about this for some time that links the three heads of the dragon to the "messianic prophesies" of AAR and TPTWP andfinally feel like it is at least worth posting. I believe that AAR and TPTWP are two distinct people, for one. Dany is the, i believe, AAR. The AAR prophesy seems to be Asshain in origin, which means it comes from Essos. The Targaryens originated in Essos, and Dany fulfills most of the prophesies about AAR. Then we have TPTWP, which i believe was an Andal prophesy, meaning that it originated in Westeros. This, in my opinion, makes Aegon (or if he is a "mummers dragon" then the real Aegon--who i believe to be alive even if Young Griff isnt him) TPTWP. Those are not only the two prophesied saviors, but also two heads of the Dragon. Now finally, i feel like people often forget that there is one more "prophesied messiah" albeit we know much less and think much less about it; The Last Hero. THis part is a stretch, but screw it, its just a theory. The Last Hero, i feel, is the Norths version of AAR and TPTWP. And if Jon Snow is the embodiment of Fire and Ice and is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, then he is the blood of the dragon and The Last Hero. Not only that, but makes up the last head of the dragon. Dany, Jon and Aegon= AAR, TLH, and TPTWP. They also represent the three major cultures of ASOIAF and represent the three who will ride dragons (the three dragon heads).

Although it is probably true that AA=PtwP, this doesn't prove anything as he is speaking about the show, not the books, and in the show they may simplify things. He has stated in these featurettes things that are already not true for the books but only apply to the show.

I have been working on a theory about this for some time that links the three heads of the dragon to the "messianic prophesies" of AAR and TPTWP andfinally feel like it is at least worth posting. I believe that AAR and TPTWP are two distinct people, for one. Dany is the, i believe, AAR. The AAR prophesy seems to be Asshain in origin, which means it comes from Essos. The Targaryens originated in Essos, and Dany fulfills most of the prophesies about AAR. Then we have TPTWP, which i believe was an Andal prophesy, meaning that it originated in Westeros. This, in my opinion, makes Aegon (or if he is a "mummers dragon" then the real Aegon--who i believe to be alive even if Young Griff isnt him) TPTWP. Those are not only the two prophesied saviors, but also two heads of the Dragon. Now finally, i feel like people often forget that there is one more "prophesied messiah" albeit we know much less and think much less about it; The Last Hero. THis part is a stretch, but screw it, its just a theory. The Last Hero, i feel, is the Norths version of AAR and TPTWP. And if Jon Snow is the embodiment of Fire and Ice and is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, then he is the blood of the dragon and The Last Hero. Not only that, but makes up the last head of the dragon. Dany, Jon and Aegon= AAR, TLH, and TPTWP. They also represent the three major cultures of ASOIAF and represent the three who will ride dragons (the three dragon heads).

Some good points here but TDtwP is not an Andal prophecy. Aemon said "the language misled us for a thousand years" in reference to the fact that the Valyrian word for dragon is gender-neutral. The prophecy was Valyrian.

There's nothing that says the three heads of the dragon have to be riders, or that the three heads if they are riders are all going to be heroes.

So, Jon represents Westerosi culture. Which two other major cultures do you assign to Dany and Aegon. Essos has a lot of cultures. I'm just curious which two you're singling out for this theory.

I'm willing to agree that TPWWP is a Westerosi prophecy and that AA is a seperate but similar Essos prophecy but The Last Hero and AA seem much to similar to be 2 distinct people.

So that brings me back to believing that AAis TPWWP and the TLH. they are all the same person and same prophecy. Who I believe the front runner is Jon.

Now 3 heads of the dragon...thatsTargaryean. Not that AA couldnt still be 1 of the three heads. I am really under the impression that 3 heads=3 dragons= 3 riders. But not all 3 need be Targs, So I say Dany, Tyrion, and Jon.

A screen cap during Thoros' introduction and telling of the tale of Azor Ahai, Nissa Nissa and the sword, Lightbringer, from the History and Lore in season 3.

http://i.imgur.com/VXDl0Xp.png

a rose? a blue rose? something related to Lyanna or Jon? is this the D&D's and the show's version of 3-level-revelation strategy?

just like this little hint from season 1 about a certain character's parents? :)

http://i.imgur.com/Ejwucoh.jpg

before all of this SOIAF internet stuff enfeebled my brain, I'd always read those AA and PTWP references as the same originating myth being referred to by two different cultures using their own terminology for the hero. One land says "Neo" and another uses the name "Constantine," but they're both referring to Keanu. Some of our Arthurian legends say he'll resurface when the time is right too, so we've got our own name for AA.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

A screen cap during Thoros' introduction and telling of the tale of Azor Ahai, Nissa Nissa and the sword, Lightbringer, from the History and Lore in season 3.

http://i.imgur.com/VXDl0Xp.png

a rose? a blue rose? something related to Lyanna or Jon? is this the D&D's and the show's version of 3-level-revelation strategy?

just like this little hint from season 1 about a certain character's parents? :)

http://i.imgur.com/Ejwucoh.jpg

the 1st image does seem to have a Rose in the upper corner...what else could it be? but that is very odd placement for a rose. Even though Lyanna was characterized by a blue rose, Jon has never been. And theres the possibility that R+L= not Jon Snow but someone else.

the second screen cap...that doesn't really form an R you could more easily say its a P , if it does say RL...geez thats not very subtle guys. :( not that I don't believe in R+L=J ,cuz I do.

the 1st image does seem to have a Rose in the upper corner...what else could it be? but that is very odd placement for a rose. Even though Lyanna was characterized by a blue rose, Jon has never been. And theres the possibility that R+L= not Jon Snow but someone else.

the second screen cap...that doesn't really form an R you could more easily say its a P , if it does say RL...geez thats not very subtle guys. :( not that I don't believe in R+L=J ,cuz I do.

HotU: a blue rose growing from a chink in a wall of ice, filling the air with its sweetness. That's Jon (Lyanna's son) at the Wall.

PL? Who the heck is P? Of the men who had access to Lyanna we have an R, an A, a G, an O, and maybe another O. I've seen an M or an H suggested, but no P.

Maybe TDtwP holds AAR's coffee for him.

On a more serious note...I've recently gotten the idea that the 13 men who went looking for the CotF were from different parts of the world. Azor Ahai came from Asshai. Hyrkoon the Hero came from...I forget...somewhere in Essos. The Last Hero was Westerosi. Each culture tells the tale of the one man who survived to save the world, and makes it their guy.

What do you think?

It is possible because Melisandre was brought over in Essos and people over there may use a term to express their view of something as opposed to the Targaryens over in Westeros who may use a different term to express their view of the same thing.

It is definitely possible.

And on top of that, George RR Martin was quoted as saying that when he writes he does it from the perspective of the character.

For example, if the Blue character happened to see a car accident and was asked what color was the vehicle that caused the crash they may say it was the color dark blue.

However, if a Black character is asked the same question they may say it was black.

They both saw the same accident BUT described how the vehicle looked, differently.

You may be onto something here. And I agree with the author of this post.

On a more serious note...I've recently gotten the idea that the 13 men who went looking for the CotF were from different parts of the world. Azor Ahai came from Asshai. Hyrkoon the Hero came from...I forget...somewhere in Essos. The Last Hero was Westerosi. Each culture tells the tale of the one man who survived to save the world, and makes it their guy.

What do you think?

Damn that's neat. I've also picked up something from TWOIAF for this. I'll add it tomorrow!

HotU: a blue rose growing from a chink in a wall of ice, filling the air with its sweetness. That's Jon (Lyanna's son) at the Wall.

Or maybe..that refers to Mance Rayder's son who was at the wall. There is a somewhat popular theory that Mance is Rheagar.

Blue rose in the wall, what else could that refer to? Remember the story of Bale the bard and the daughter of winterfell?

So there are other possibilities other than Jon, sure the case for them may not be as strong but I wouldnt completely rule it out. Besides the rose wasnt even blue in that screen cap, there are even other characters represented by a rose. Or perhaps it was just a vague symbolism for love between Nissa and AA.

But it most likely is hinting towards Lyanna and Jon.

Archived