What was Rhaegars name for Jon?

PrinceBreakspear

If "L+R=J" (I put Lyanna first :eek: ) is true then my guess is that, as someone said, he was named before birth. And that L seemingly was a strong woman she would have insisted on a northern name, especially when he came to look so much a northerner. Might acctually be Jon though Brandon seems more likely. But I like the idea of him having some Targaryen name and Eddard changing it and taking him in as his own. Love the secrecy!

I have to wonder though. Did Rhaegar knew of Lyanna's pregnancy when he left to war?

Considering the whole point in taking her was to get Aegon's third head I'm going to say yes.

What he wasn't expecting however was for his Visenya to be born Jon

No name. Rhaegar would throw him into the sea, because he was supposed to be a girl.

Is it bad that I actually think Rhaegar would do this?… :eek:

After all Jon was supposed to be Visenya, he's going to have to use his baby sister now. What a waster of time! Poor, poor Rhaegar

I suspect Baelor. I'm sure they discussed what the names would be if it were a boy or a girl. It seems he named his two children after Aegon the Conqueror and his sister Rhaenys. Essentially the original 3 that came to Westeros. Visenya is the only one left. But I don't think he'd name him Viserys since his brother had that name. Most likely a respectable past Targaryen. So a pool from Baelor, Daeron, and Jaehaerys.

If someone says Rhyanna....I will scream. :devil:

Most likely Viserys.

His daughter was named Rhaenys, His son was Aegon, Jons name would most likely be Viserys(male version of Visenya)

but he already had a brother named Viserys. Do you think he'd repeat the name so close together?

Is it bad that I actually think Rhaegar would do this?… :eek:

After all Jon was supposed to be Visenya, he's going to have to use his baby sister now. What a waster of time! Poor, poor Rhaegar

It isn't. I am dead serious about it. He was half mad too after all :D

If he thought he was going to be a girl I think he would have wanted to name him Visenya, So his kiddies could mirror Aegon I and his sisters. I don't think he doubted that the baby would be born female because he was so into the prophecy. Which is why I wonder if the name he whispered before he died was Visenya for his child he would never see or if he did say Lyanna.

I thought it was confirmed he said Lyanna's name?

Oh, and think he wanted the child to be a girl and he was gonna name her Visenya

Archived