R+L=J v.54

Angalin

One more help request, if I may. I seem to recall that Ned mentions promises, plural, to Lyanna. Could someone fish me the quote, pretty please?

One more help request, if I may. I seem to recall that Ned mentions promises, plural, to Lyanna. Could someone fish me the quote, pretty please?

It's in Eddard IX when he's visiting one of Robert's bastards in Chataya's brothel: "He thought of the promises he'd made Lyanna as she lay dying, and the price he'd paid to keep them."

I usually lurk a lot, so I'm glad I could finally help. ^_^

It's in Eddard IX when he's visiting one of Robert's bastards in LF's brothel: "He thought of the promises he'd made Lyanna as she lay dying, and the price he'd paid to keep them."

I usually lurk a lot, so I'm glad I could finally help. ^_^

Thank you, and welcome!

This might be it. From p. 629 of aGoT:

"When he slept, he dreamed: dark, disturbing dreams of blood and broken promises."

That would be the other, but I meant the promises he made specifically to Lyanna.

Hi guys ;) not sure if this theory has already been raised in one of the previous threads on this topic ( I am new and trying to catch up ) but: my theory has always been if Jon is a Targaryen + can warg then will he possibly be able to warg into one of Dany's dragons if she brings them to Westeros? This would be pretty useful, as her main problem is her inability to control the dragons. Maybe his fate is not to sit the Iron Throne but to control the dragons.

Who does the third belong to? My vote goes to Tyrion :leer: Imagine all his haters when they see him ride back to Westeros on the back of a Dragon! I joke, but Tyrion seems to know more than anyone else about dragons though. Well there's my take on the whole 'dragon has three heads' thing :thumbsup:

I don't for a second believe Tyrion is a Targ. What evidence is there for this?? (Will have to search and read on this but nothing will convince me) Tyrion knows the most about dragons from reading books and hopefully will be able to assist Dany with his infinite wisdom. Maybe he has learned and remembered some of those binding spells?

Hi guys ;) not sure if this theory has already been raised in one of the previous threads on this topic ( I am new and trying to catch up ) but: my theory has always been if Jon is a Targaryen + can warg then will he possibly be able to warg into one of Dany's dragons if she brings them to Westeros? This would be pretty useful, as her main problem is her inability to control the dragons. Maybe his fate is not to sit the Iron Throne but to control the dragons.

First of all, welcome to the forum!

It is certainly possible that Jon would warg a dragon, but I don't think that will happen. I believe that if anyone is going to do it, it will be Bran (GRRM said that you don't have to be a Targaryen to ride a dragon): he is becoming one of the most powerfull wargs in the series and Bloodraven told him that he would fly. But anything is possible...

Welcome to the Boards! :)

It was said of Jon by one of the Wilding Wargs, that Jon was one of the mose powerful Wargs that ever lived, (he could sense that in him), and he didn't even know it. And in the series, which yes, you have to take with a grain of salt, he said that Ygritte would not love Jon if she knew what he was.

I think it's likely Dany, Jon, not Faegon, the third could be Bran, though Bran warging crows, or other birds means he can still fly. It's possible it could be Arya as there is a foreshadowing she may warg a Kraken.

Is it possiable that Jon Snow is the bastard son of Brandon Stark ( Eddard's brother who was engaged to Caitlyn first) and Ashara Dayne? Barristan Selmy believed she got pregnant at the tourny at Harhanhal ( where Brandon and Eddard met her at the feast). He then suggested that she killed herself over the death of her child or her lover. What if Eddard told her that his brother was dead and she killed herself because she had believed he would come back for her and their child someday. With his brother dead and Ashara dead, Ed would have felt responsible for Jon at that point and he might have decided not to blacken Ashara's name since she was dead and decided it would be best for Jon if he just took him home with him to Winterfell and tell everyone that Jon was his son. Brandon ( Eddard's son) had a dream of a pregnant woman coming out of a black pool praying for a son to avenger her. Maybe she wanted a son to avenge the father that was taken from her.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, sorry if it has. Just a theory. I am still 75% on board with R+L=J, but GRRM has a way of surprising us all. I just know that when the books are all through, we will all still be on this forum pointing out all the little details that he has placed through out his books pointing us in the direction he has been taking us all along and we will all look back and think how silly some of these arguements have been =)

Is it possiable that Jon Snow is the bastard son of Brandon Stark ( Eddard's brother who was engaged to Caitlyn first) and Ashara Dayne? Barristan Selmy believed she got pregnant at the tourny at Harhanhal ( where Brandon and Eddard met her at the feast). He then suggested that she killed herself over the death of her child or her lover. What if Eddard told her that his brother was dead and she killed herself because she had believed he would come back for her and their child someday. With his brother dead and Ashara dead, Ed would have felt responsible for Jon at that point and he might have decided not to blacken Ashara's name since she was dead and decided it would be best for Jon if he just took him home with him to Winterfell and tell everyone that Jon was his son. Brandon ( Eddard's son) had a dream of a pregnant woman coming out of a black pool praying for a son to avenger her. Maybe she wanted a son to avenge the father that was taken from her.

I don't know if this has been brought up before, sorry if it has. Just a theory. I am still 75% on board with R+L=J, but GRRM has a way of surprising us all. I just know that when the books are all through, we will all still be on this forum pointing out all the little details that he has placed through out his books pointing us in the direction he has been taking us all along and we will all look back and think how silly some of these arguements have been =)

Hello and welcome :-)

I'm afraid Brandon cannot possibly be Jon's father. Jon was born at the end of the Rebellion, at around a Sack or approximately within a month, and the Rebellion lasted for about a year. Harrenhall was yet another year prior the Rebellion.

you know, I had started to look up the time line right after I had made that post and I got stuck doing something else. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

You're welcome :-) Plus, asking is faster ;-)

I don't understand when people say R+L=J is obvious

I was just remembering now, before I read about this theory, I thought that Rhaegar kept the KG in the TOJ so Lyanna could not escape. In the first book we think Rhaegar was a mad guy, and while reading the other books we start to question what's up with this R+L story, because he doesn't seem like an evil person after all, everyone seems to respect the guy

This is what made me search more about this subject and led me to find out R+L=J

Archived