BWB Eurocommie meet 2006

Chaldanya

Hm, maybe. This is a map of Barcelona, and it claims C. August Font is in the bottom left section (near where it says Sant Marti / el Besos). However, the site itself says it's near Penitents and Vallcarca stations, which is north of the city, not west.

Anyway, I'm sure there's something available!

I didn't vote, since I probably would have voted for Barcelona anyway and it was already streets ahead. It's too far ahead to know if I can get the time off work (it's in term-time), but the likelihood is that I will be able to, and flights are cheap, so... *starts practising flamenco, or something*

Any words from the Catalonian league?

You'll be welcomed!

You have a St Jordi´s day ???

As Pod said, he's our patron. St Jordi=St George, so if I'm not wrong we share patron with England and Russia. You'll see that Barcelona's flag quarters the four red strips over gold of Catalonia with the red cross over silver of St Jordi (England's flag).

St Jordi is a working day here, but quite different from the others. The streets are crowded, and traditionally men received a book as a gift, while women received roses. Now, the times are changing, and women demand both the rose and the book (and will bitterly complain if they're not satisfied), while men get only the book. :mad:

Not Flamenco, we don't dance Flamenco in Barcelona

Let me insist. Please, no flamenco. :thumbsdown: The typical Catalan dance is called Sardana, but we really don't ask tourists to dance it.

Some more things:

The place you've choosen is not too far away from the City Center. In fact, the city of Barcelona does not spread too much territory when compared to other capitals. It is encased between the sea and a mountain (Tibidabo), so things tend to be fairly close one to the other.

When looking for the plane fares, you might want to consider arribing to the Girona airport and then going to Barcelona by bus (just one hour). The Girona airport works with most of the low price companies, and the ticket from the Girona airport to Barcelona costs around 12 euros.

If there's anything I might do for you, just ask. :)

Now, the times are changing, and women demand both the rose and the book (and will bitterly complain if they're not satisfied), while men get only the book. :mad:

:lol:

Thanks for the info Hairy Bear. Although I don't think we have choosen a definite place yet. We still have plenty time. Its good to know that the place mentioned wouldn't be so bad though. :)

Ladies, what say you if we chip in and buy every BWB gent that comes to Barcelona a rose? And they have to wear them the whole day!

Glad to hear about Girona - I was wondering whether there was some easy transport from there to Barcelona. I was planning to catch a plane there from Treviso (Venice) or from our other airport, if the government as its owner finally deigns to sign the contract with Ryanair.

Edit: Whoa, apparently I'm Lady Sansa now! :)

Must be a day for promotions. I climbed out of the hedge and am now landed. Sweet.

Still crossing the fingers for Barcelona but not too sure if the wallet will be able to fund it. HAve to see how it goes.

Hey dudes! Wasn't the Tyrell party reserved for the Worldcon?

Either way, it should be remarked that seeing a man with a rose is not perceived as unmanly. The common interpretation is "he's bought it for his mother". If he wears two roses you'd think "one's for his mother and the other for his girlfriend/wife". If he wears more than five, then the thought goes something like "bloody presumptuous liar".

Archived