Season 4 Roundup

Westeros

This contains spoilers so dont read on if you dont want to know past season 3.

Why Richard Madden? Robb's dead, maybe he has some time on his hands.

Makes sense there's no Jack Gleeson. Looks like PW might happen in the first 3/4 episodes if they didn't bother to pull him out.

Rose Leslie is there - anyone else thinks this suggests Ygritte's death might get stretched out til the end of the season? Or maybe she'll die at a different time, if she even dies at all? Don't see why she'd die in like episode 4 but will travel all the way to San Diego when Jack isn't there.

Yes. I can't see any spoilers been revealed.

There are many reasons why people are selected for these events. Availability (i.e. whether they are shooting or not), location (if they happen to be able to get to LA at that time), interest (some people just don't do interviews. Jack Gleeson for one. Others do interviews all the time).

The producers probably like Richard Madden, so they thought this was a good chance to hang with him again. As a reward for his hard work also. And he happens to be available.

I've never watched a Comic-Con event before but I always thought they were to foreshadow and give hints on upcoming work. Disappointed myself :( though that should've been pretty obvious seeing as how they've only just started filming.

With regards to Richard Madden, I think it's to do with the fact he actually has nothing to do at the minute and is on a bit of a break.

It hasn't really changed much then, that's a shame. It will still be good for more of an idea of how they're handling the material next season, now that filming has started. Interested in how they handle stoneheart questions.

Real shame Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is no longer going, apparently.

Hmmm... did not see that.

Hard to find Comic Con's final schedule.

One schedule listed David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

Another did not list David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

I don't think they were there last year.

It's hard to see how they would have time to , well, kill nearly three days of shooting to come.

I wonder if there is a replacement?

Hmmm... did not see that.

Hard to find Comic Con's final schedule.

One schedule listed David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

Another did not list David Benioff and D.B. Weiss.

I don't think they were there last year.

It's hard to see how they would have time to , well, miss three days of shooting to come.

I wonder if there is a replacement?

That's EXACTLY what I came here to post! WHERE ARE THE RUMORS?

They could really throw us a bone to chew on by now. After Oberyn, the next big casting confirmation will probably be Mace Tyrell, I guess. Some are speculating that it could be this guy: http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/sherlock-actor-mark-gatiss-cast-in-season-4/ Doesn't fit the picture in my head or the description in the books, but well, who knows?

• 5 weeks later...

Rehearsal shots for what's undoubtedly the Purple Wedding have dribbled out (it's the Sept of Baelor set). You can even see some floral decorations around where the altar is.

The coolest thing is a blurry shot of Season 4 Jaime all Kingsguarded up again. His short hair--even shorter than it was in Season 1--is going to take some getting used to. (A moment of silence for Jaime's shaggy Season 3 haircut and beard.)

Archived