Season 4 Roundup

Westeros

The Tyrells suddenly treating Sansa icily would just be...hmm...discordant, I suppose. Even if Margaery is playing up her Gossip Girlness for Sansa, she seems to have some genuine fondness for her. If you want to substitute fondness for "slight crush," be my guest--the rose garden scene was kind of amusing in that Margaery just had to slip in "pretty girls." Likely nothing but I giggled. And Margaery's older. The Queen of Thorns is a bit tweaked too--snarky and cutting, but not quite as much of an icy obesan. Seems like she'd be more likely to say something nice to Sansa while roasting Tyrion in the same sentence.

Actually, I think Margaery still being friends with Sansa is only demonstrating how opportunistic the Tyrell'S are. They are not giving up their connection to Sansa, just in case she might become important (heir to the north and all that), but at the same time, they are kissing the Lannister's *****, too. Just look at that scene in episode 8 where Margaery tells Cersei "we will be like sisters". That is the same thing she said to Sansa six episodes ago. Personally, I think the Tyrell's will spend a lot of season 4 doing what they do best - pretending to play for every team at the same time.

No, it was Garlan's spiel about small men and such.

I wouldn't say no, I would say in addition to. GRRM was sneaking in quite a few things from the books there.

Like Sansa thinking, when she remembers setting off for Kings Landing, "I thought my song was beginning that day, but it was almost done."

And Margaery starts off with "some women like tall men," and Sansa "had dreamed of her wedding a thousand times, and always she had pictured how her betrothed would stand behind her tall and strong, sweep the cloak of his protection over her shoulders, and tenderly kiss her cheek as he leaned forward to fasten the clasp."

Perhaps Garlan the Gallant was talking specifically to Sansa about sex, referring to the size of Tyrion's "endowment" when he said "he is a bigger man than he seems," although that wouldn't be very gallant, and how would he know. Still, later Sansa dreams Sandor is "bigger than Tyrion" when he takes Tyrion's place in bed. Garlan was tipping her off that Loras was gay.

Likewise, Margaery. When Tyrion said "In the dark, I am the Knight of Flowers," he was specifically saying he could please Sansa in bed. And when Margaery said, "from what I've heard, he's quite experienced... pleasing us takes practice," she was specifically saying he could please her in bed, too.

Margaery has ulterior motives with Sansa. Like Tyrion had ulterior motives making Shae Sansa's maid. Sansa still doesn't know about that, and that Shae, her BFF on the show, has been lying to her. I doubt they'll call that out, because they've been making that relationship unintentionally saccharine sweet (a la Talisa and Robb).

Actually, I think Margaery still being friends with Sansa is only demonstrating how opportunistic the Tyrell'S are. They are not giving up their connection to Sansa, just in case she might become important (heir to the north and all that), but at the same time, they are kissing the Lannister's *****, too. Just look at that scene in episode 8 where Margaery tells Cersei "we will be like sisters". That is the same thing she said to Sansa six episodes ago. Personally, I think the Tyrell's will spend a lot of season 4 doing what they do best - pretending to play for every team at the same time.

True.

So it seems that Leaf is going to feature, according to WiC.net.

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/11/octavia-alexandrus-role-revealed/

Interesting. I wonder whats in store for Bran for the coming seasons if all of his ADWD material will be used up this and next season.

Flashbacks would be awesome but would be limited to Weirwood tree locations.

Actually, I think Margaery still being friends with Sansa is only demonstrating how opportunistic the Tyrell'S are.

The actresses believe their friendship is genuine, so they're apparently not getting any countervailing advice from the writers on that.

Interesting. I wonder whats in store for Bran for the coming seasons if all of his ADWD material will be used up this and next season.

Flashbacks would be awesome but would be limited to Weirwood tree locations.

Well, it's possible that they will just arrive at the cave at the very end of the season and be greeted by Leaf and the 3EC. If so, then there's some more story to tell in season 5, and it could be filled in with flashbacks/dream sequences as extra scenes (like the Tower of Joy) that were omitted from previous seasons.

Maybe they could even manage a Sean Bean (with makeup to make him look younger) cameo for that one :)

The actresses believe their friendship is genuine, so they're apparently not getting any countervailing advice from the writers on that.

Not sure about that.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/03/game-of-thrones-natalie-dormer-and-sophie-turner-call-season-3-a-pivotal-season.html

Dormer: "If it wasn't for the internal politics that was going on, Sansa and Margaery would probably quite sincerely, genuinely friends. They're two young girls that quite like each other, it's just the circumstances that sort of put them in this very ambiguous, difficult situation."

Turner: "It's a forced friendship." [Dormer gives her a look] "Take it or leave it."

Dormer: "I was totally sincere." [laughs]

So it seems Bran will have little screen-time... If he doesn't reach the 3EC's cave untill the last episode...

I think he will have more screen-time than in season 3...

They will definitly have invented material for him at Craster's Keep, that can take two or even three episodes.

Add that to a potential wight attack. A potential Coldhands rescue (either at Craster's Keep or of the wights), highly possible crossing ways with a White Walker (why give them the obsidian otherwise, and they have to remember the audience of their threats and Bran is one of the last character that could possibly come face to face with one of them), and the arrival at the cave, well, Bran could appear in quite a lot of episodes.

And this is not counting the basic road-and-talk scenes. Jojen needs to teach him more of green-dreams !

And I'm quite sure they will try to do something (dont know what though) between Bran and Meera.

Not sure about that.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/03/game-of-thrones-natalie-dormer-and-sophie-turner-call-season-3-a-pivotal-season.html

Dormer: "If it wasn't for the internal politics that was going on, Sansa and Margaery would probably quite sincerely, genuinely friends. They're two young girls that quite like each other, it's just the circumstances that sort of put them in this very ambiguous, difficult situation."

Turner: "It's a forced friendship." [Dormer gives her a look] "Take it or leave it."

Dormer: "I was totally sincere." [laughs]

Good catch. I try not to read the cast interviews, even the ones who say they read the books, often it turns out they really didn't in a later interview. Actors lie for a living (and I say that with genuine appreciation, truly). I remember thinking, why is NCW insisting Jaime and Cersei have a future together? Read the books! Brienne! Hello! And then suddenly, he started changing his tune, completely.

Good catch. I try not to read the cast interviews, even the ones who say they read the books, often it turns out they really didn't in a later interview. Actors lie for a living (and I say that with genuine appreciation, truly). I remember thinking, why is NCW insisting Jaime and Cersei have a future together? Read the books! Brienne! Hello! And then suddenly, he started changing his tune, completely.

Sophie has read the books. Natalie didn't, so she does what D&D says. But I'm curious to know how they will solve the issue of the show.

Sophie has read the books. Natalie didn't, so she does what D&D says. But I'm curious to know how they will solve the issue of the show.

Turner has recently clarified that she has only read her parts (Sansa chapters), and only up to the current season.

Also, regardless of whether or not they have read the books, they do what Benioff and Weiss say, they are the showrunners.

Turner has recently clarified that she has only read her parts (Sansa chapters), and only up to the current season.

Also, regardless of whether or not they have read the books, they do what Benioff and Weiss say, they are the showrunners.

ofcourse but Sophie knew/knows what's up hence the "It's a forced friendship." she knows where the Sansa story is going but since Natalie didn't read the books, she only knows what D&D told her.

ofcourse but Sophie knew/knows what's up hence the "It's a forced friendship." she knows where the Sansa story is going but since Natalie didn't read the books, she only knows what D&D told her.

I was going to add this, my point is, you can't read too much from interviews with the cast. Even the best actors are going to hold back or perhaps the showrunner is holding back on them, or any combination of this.

I think a mistake Benioff and Weiss make is to not personally address each episode's plot points the way other showrunners do.

Actors that haven't read past their season equivalents have little idea what's down the pipe for their characters, besides some guesses based on contract end dates and random comments by the showrunners (who try not to tell them much as to not influence the performance). That's why D&D could troll Alfie Allen by sending him a script for Season 3 wherein Bran kills him. Then they called and asked if he would be cool playing a zombie and he cottoned on to the pranking. :laugh:

Granted, NCW I think has read the books. Even then, I don't see why actors can't muse and speculate like readers do. Give five actors the role of Richard III and there will be interpretation differences.

Archived