Season 4 Roundup

Westeros

That, and the moral turmoil that his being framed for Lysa's death prompts in her (which she ultimately shoves into the back of her mind).

But as long as Lysa still dies and Sansa still lies to cover for LF, I think the turmoil is still there. Really, all Marillion is needed for is a few sexual advances (which could come from virtually anyone in the Vale) and as someone to blame for (and torture into admitting to) killing Lysa.

Wow. So will Bran get all the way to the cave in season 4?

I hope so. He can't spend three whole seasons traveling. They could use that as an opportunity in S5 to show a lot of the backstory lost in the show because of the lack of internal monologue. They could spend the entire fifth season with new material if they want it, making Bran see stuff like the Tower of Joy (heh), the tourney of Harrenhal, Rhaegar and "The Prince that was Promised" prophecy and so on.

I hope so. He can't spend three whole seasons traveling. They could use that as an opportunity in S5 to show a lot of the backstory lost in the show because of the lack of internal monologue. They could spend the entire fifth season with new material if they want it, making Bran see stuff like the Tower of Joy (heh), the tourney of Harrenhal, Rhaegar and "The Prince that was Promised" prophecy and so on.

Or heck, maybe the battle at the Fist of the First Men that we got cheated out of :(

But yeah, I'd love for them to go and add back in the Tower of Joy, or some of the HOTU stuff.

Or heck, maybe the battle at the Fist of the First Men that we got cheated out of :(

But yeah, I'd love for them to go and add back in the Tower of Joy, or some of the HOTU stuff.

Bit of a long shot, but perhaps they could find some way of showing the FotFM battle through Melisandre's visions, since in the books Stannis sees it in the fires.

But as long as Lysa still dies and Sansa still lies to cover for LF, I think the turmoil is still there. Really, all Marillion is needed for is a few sexual advances (which could come from virtually anyone in the Vale) and as someone to blame for (and torture into admitting to) killing Lysa.

But you've basically said, someone is needed to do that. So that's not really something to be dismissed. I think some of us were concerned about the repercussions of dismissing it (if that were the case, which seems to be uncertain).

What if they just have Sansa kill her aunt, as Lysa is trying to kill her....it'd be self defense and Littlefinger just comes up with random patsy #354. Or they could keep and use Dontos for the patsy....

That's a good idea. Perhaps make it more pre-meditated than in the books, with Littlefinger specifically recruiting Dontos for that occasion. Plus, him being a fool might mean that he has the same close position to Lysa/Robin.

That's a good idea. Perhaps make it more pre-meditated than in the books, with Littlefinger specifically recruiting Dontos for that occasion. Plus, him being a fool might mean that he has the same close position to Lysa/Robin.

I was definitely thinking Dontos could fill this role, at least the role of the patsy anyways, maybe not the sexual advances on Sansa... ewwww.

What if they just have Sansa kill her aunt, as Lysa is trying to kill her....it'd be self defense and Littlefinger just comes up with random patsy #354. Or they could keep and use Dontos for the patsy....

No way will they take away Littlefinger's big moment (or, I would expect, his other signature moment of summarily killing Dontos).

Sansa was not terribly troubled by the death of Lysa, who was in the process of trying to kill her. She was troubled far more by the aftermath of framing Marillion (even though he had tried to rape her and been an accomplice to Lysa).

And nobody was saying that Marillion himself has to do those things. But someone does.

Insert Dontos in the Marillion role then? Littlefinger gets to declare his "only Cat!" And uses up a Catspaw.

Taking Dontos with him wouldn't make the slightest sense, and I rather doubt the show is going to pass on Littlefinger's sudden killing of him to cap off the escape.

Moreover, this whole line of discussion was premised on a convention report (the accuracy of which has since been called into question) that held that no one would be replacing him.

Taking Dontos with him wouldn't make the slightest sense, and I rather doubt the show is going to pass on Littlefinger's sudden killing of him to cap off the escape.

Moreover, this whole line of discussion was premised on a convention report (the accuracy of which has since been called into question) that held that no one would be replacing him.

It's just a suggestion eh? They've brought Dontos back and Joffrey hacked something off Marillion. For all we know, Marillion could come back just a singer sans instrument. Dontos disappears in the books and Littlefinger kills him, don't see why they could do it either way. But hey, guess we'll see. :)

It's just a suggestion eh? They've brought Dontos back and Joffrey hacked something off Marillion. For all we know, Marillion could come back just a singer sans instrument. Dontos disappears in the books and Littlefinger kills him, don't see why they could do it either way. But hey, guess we'll see. :)

I don't think Marillion could come back as a singer , but could still play his musical instrument, or maybe that's what you mean?

I could see LF taking Dontos with him as a calculation of what he was going to use him for later.

So apparently Jerome Flynn (Bronn) was at NY comic con and heavily emphasised that season 4 will stray greatly from the books. He even went as far to say that he almost injured a fellow actor in a combat scene.

Call me crazy but the only major combat scene left in the second half of storm of swords is oberyn and the mountain. I swear if they make bronn fight four tyrion instead of oberyn I will bloody lose it.

OMG If that happens I'll be enraged!

I have been waiting for the Oberyn VS The Mountain duel for a loooong time.I hope they don't spoil it for us!

Although I don't think they'd actually do that.I reckon they'll use Bronn in a whole new battle which isn't in the book at all.

They wouldn't even cast Oberyn if they were going to have someone else fight Gregor.

Marillion wouldn't make much of a singer without a tongue.

Archived