Brotheting Wihout Borders: A Euro-Trip Adventure

So, first off, blame Drac for me. Anything I do or say wrong, she has 100% offered to take responsibility. I have never peeked in here before, and have little to offer outside my obvious hatred of all things Pommingham.

that said, I am about 2/5 of theway through a monster Euro-trip, and while I have met several people and had many adventures, I have yet to meet anyone from he board. Obviously this is unacceptable, along lines moral, ethical, legal and culinary. So, while several kind shouls have offered to meet, guide, and possibly host me later on in the trip, Drac said unless I requested the same of this board, she would publish those pics of me and the _____s.

So, here I am, asking you to not judge me or my taste in _____, but instead welcome me into your lives/homes/_____s.

my trip is pretty planned out until I find myself in Venice on the 15th, free-floating by and large until the end of September at least. General destinations include Barcelona, Madrid, everything around the Alps, Budapest, Prague, Krakow, Gdansk, Heidelburg, Berlin, possibly Koln, Stockholm, Helsinki, Talinn, Scotland, Dublin, Rome, Oxford, northern Eng. London and out, but Istanbul and Balkans a poss. If flood issues don't affect accomodation availability, and Amsterdam/Belgium a maybe.

So, here I am. Just a man sitting on a seaside balcony in Corfu, asking you to love me. also a giant wasp is crawling on the bottom of my foot, and I am scared. I would welcome assistance in either area ATM. I am very nice (Canadian) housebroken, can dance, can't cook but will, and can be easily intimidated by stinging insects, sharks, or people with a false sense of security.

One day I will understand God and the Internet, and on that day I will link you to the thread about this on the a general board, wherein Drac makes explicit her entire responsibility for my future conduct on and off line, and asks that all complaints be directed towards her PM box.

thank you and ciao for now.

:lol:

When will you be back in London, do you know? I'm there from the beginning of August until mid-September-ish. Plan is to go back to Plymouth around the 14th, but I reckon I could hang around a bit longer for a meet-up.

Also the fact that you haven't met anyone from here yet is quite frankly weird, considering all the places you've been to.

:lol:

When will you be back in London, do you know? I'm there from the beginning of August until mid-September-ish. Plan is to go back to Plymouth around the 14th, but I reckon I could hang around a bit longer for a meet-up.

Also the fact that you haven't met anyone from here yet is quite frankly weird, considering all the places you've been to.

Yet to be hammered down, but at least by mid September.

Agree it's weird, but otoh, I may have met many and don't know it. Don't actually talk ASOIAF much, other than the odd 'do you know?' tie-in or historical parallel, no real reason why not, just haven't...more apt to talk history, film, sports, etc.

But am also ok with weird.

My offer is still valid, James.

:cheers:

You gotta try some Pinkus Mueller beer.

You are a mensch, and will do if doable. Have mentioned it to several friends, Meunster, solely on your account.

In a related(?) note, 2 different girls I told about Lauterbrunnen have been gob-smacked by the pics and gone before me and written me about how gorgeous it is, and I am trying to figure out a way to convince the Swiss I deserve free accommodation on account. But fear getting into money argument with the Swiss, as they will probably fine me for using their name w/o permission or similar. I know your part of Germany has no relation...just sharing a tangent in order to prepare you for the conversational kaleidoscope that s me should we meet.

:)

Keep us posted and we'll throw out the idea of a London meet. Hope you're having a great time :D

I am! Only down note is gf unexpectedly sending a lot of 'come home earlier' pressure my way, though she snaps out of it quickly enough.

I am! Only down note is gf unexpectedly sending a lot of 'come home earlier' pressure my way, though she snaps out of it quickly enough.

Bah! If you cut your trip short without meeting some of the wonderful London board members you'd bitterly regret it for the rest of your days. :P

Bah! If you cut your trip short without meeting some of the wonderful London board members you'd bitterly regret it for the rest of your days. :P

No, I'm pretty sure I won't...just unusual for her to go that way.

You are a mensch, and will do if doable. Have mentioned it to several friends, Meunster, solely on your account.

Some people called us Krauts... a couple of years ago, but yeah, I'm a mensch. =oD

It's Münster, btw. Not Meunster.

In a related(?) note, 2 different girls I told about Lauterbrunnen have been gob-smacked by the pics and gone before me and written me about how gorgeous it is, and I am trying to figure out a way to convince the Swiss I deserve free accommodation on account. But fear getting into money argument with the Swiss, as they will probably fine me for using their name w/o permission or similar. I know your part of Germany has no relation...just sharing a tangent in order to prepare you for the conversational kaleidoscope that s me should we meet.

:)

Okay, thanks for that. =o)

I have relations in Switzerland, you know.^^ In Berne.

Yeah, tbh I am not 100% on what a mensch actually is, but feel pretty certain you're it.

Okay, I can accept that. :cheers:

Also, Bern is on my list, so hook a brother up! (J/k, kinda.) :)

Problem is: it's my sister's mother-in-law, and she's over 80 now... and beginning to suffer from dementia...

Agree it's weird, but otoh, I may have met many and don't know it. Don't actually talk ASOIAF much, other than the odd 'do you know?' tie-in or historical parallel,

Fret ye not, the London BWB don't usually talk ASoIaF much when we gather... We just have a good time.

In cutting out after posting...risking dble.

lT, my gf's grandmother is unfortunately the same....keeps thinking her daughter-in-law (gf's stepmom) is poisoning her.

MCG- I cannot judge. I spent an embarrassing amount of my gf's last night here...won't see her again until Nov...firing lame ASOIAF top 5 questions at her. :{

Archived