NYC meetup - July 27th - The return of Zar!

Zar will be in town, so let's put our heads together and decide details of the where and when.

"Involves beer" seems to be the most pressing requirement. :cheers:

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!

Attending:

Zar Lannister

maid

TC +1

naz

Etulftune (+1?)

Caryn Stark

MaesterSixtus

Maybe:Arch-MaesterPhilip

The Plan:

The Cloisters/Fort Tryon Park 1-5pm

http://www.metmuseum...o-the-cloisters

Inwood Local for dinner/drinks from 5p

4957 Broadway New York, NY 10034 (212) 544-8900

http://inwoodlocal.com

I am always interested in going to the Met, but it may be a madhouse on a summer saturday. Thoughts?

http://www.metmuseum...ent-exhibitions

Nothing grabs me, but I can spend all day there just looking through the permanent collection...

ETA: I've never been to the Cloisters - that could be a cool way to spend an afternoon.

Count me in. The Cloisters is a great idea, but I fear many NY BwBers may have been there already. Personally, I don't mind going again, but I'll have to seriously resist the urge to be super pedantic. I promise to just chitchat and quietly take pictures this time.

Since we'd be way uptown, maybe we can follow it up with Italian food at Arthur Avenue. It's been a while, so I'm not sure where to go and whether it'd be too busy or not. Mr. X would have a better idea.

I've been to The Cloisters a bunch of times so I might skip that part. T-Mow if you've never been you really should, it's awesome and, as you say, has a unicorn! Fort Tryon Park, where it's located, is nice too, but not very large.

I don't know Arthur Avenue at all, but in general I would prefer more of a casual bar/beer garden than a restaurant. I was going to suggest Heights Tavern (you could just take the M4 bus down Broadway) but apparently it's not open yet and I'm not sure if it will be by July 27th.

I've been to The Cloisters a bunch of times so I might skip that part. T-Mow if you've never been you really should, it's awesome and, as you say, has a unicorn! Fort Tryon Park, where it's located, is nice too, but not very large.

I don't know Arthur Avenue at all, but in general I would prefer more of a casual bar/beer garden than a restaurant. I was going to suggest Heights Tavern (you could just take the M4 bus down Broadway) but apparently it's not open yet and I'm not sure if it will be by July 27th.

I'm not too familiar with that area either. Inwood Local is nice, but may be a little far from there right?

I'm in.... Maid - shall I pick you up? We can drop off the puppy on our way, no biggie for me. xo

Edit: Late night punctuation.

Thanks for the offer, Caryn. Let's discuss details as we get closer to the date. Stopping to drop the pup will add a considerable amount of time to the round trip - just want to make sure you're completely in the know before we decide to carpool! I'll txt you.

I would like to come. I was turned on to this group recently, and I'd like to see what you guys are all about.

We're happy to welcome new folks. :) I'll list you as 'attending' and if you change your mind just let us know.

Is everyone planning on going to the Cloisters? I was thinking of either hanging out in the park while those who want to go to the museum or I will just go straight to wherever we're eating/drinking. I do have a Frisbee.

Zar - I don't know Inwood Local but the website looks nice. I think because The Cloisters is on a hill the walk might be a bit far. On the other hand I think most places will be a bit of a walk or we could take a bus/train downtown.

Is everyone planning on going to the Cloisters? I was thinking of either hanging out in the park while those who want to go to the museum or I will just go straight to wherever we're eating/drinking. I do have a Frisbee.

Zar - I don't know Inwood Local but the website looks nice. I think because The Cloisters is on a hill the walk might be a bit far. On the other hand I think most places will be a bit of a walk or we could take a bus/train downtown.

I really like the Cloisters, it's a great pick for a hangout BTW :-)

Inwood Local seems like a pretty good place. (I love their website, except for the typos.) I don't think it's too far at all. Seems like a few blocks. In any case, I'll probably drive since I'm just over the GWB Bridge and we're mostly hanging out uptown. If Caryn/maid are driving too, then it should be easy enough to hop over to Inwood Local.

Any suggestions for time? I know the South Jersey contingent probably can't get here before noon-ish at the earliest, so if we spend a few hours at the Cloisters, then Inwood Local is dinner, not lunch. On the other hand, they serve brunch until 4, so maybe it could work. I'm flexible whatever we decide.

Inwood Local seems like a pretty good place. (I love their website, except for the typos.) I don't think it's too far at all. Seems like a few blocks. In any case, I'll probably drive since I'm just over the GWB Bridge and we're mostly hanging out uptown. If Caryn/maid are driving too, then it should be easy enough to hop over to Inwood Local.

Any suggestions for time? I know the South Jersey contingent probably can't get here before noon-ish at the earliest, so if we spend a few hours at the Cloisters, then Inwood Local is dinner, not lunch. On the other hand, they serve brunch until 4, so maybe it could work. I'm flexible whatever we decide.

Whatever works for the most is fine with me, whether it be Brunch/Lupper/Dinner.

Inwood Local sounds good to me, too.

Noonish is a bit of a scramble for us South Jerseyites as it'll probably take 3 hours to get from here to NYC with all the necessary stops.

How does everyone feel about 1-5 at the Cloisters/Tryon Park, and then heading to Inwood Local for dinner/drinks?

(updating the OP with all relevant info)

Oh and let's get a final headcount for dinner/drinks so I can call IL in case we need a reservation.

Archived