NYC meetup - July 27th - The return of Zar!

Spoke to the folks an Inwood Local - don't need a res. They should have plenty of room for us after 5pm on Sat.

Right now it looks to be on for meeting at 1pm in Ft. Tryon Park - those of us heading into the Cloisters will do so. I'll get dewy-eyed looking at the unicorn tapestries, and we'll reconvene shortly before 5 to head over to Inwood Local.

If anyone needs my cell # please shoot me a PM here or on Facebook.

I'll check back later in the week. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Bumping because this is happening tomorrow and maybe some new boarders in the area might want to join us. It would be nice for some of you fl00bs and lurkers to come out of the woodwork and meet us. We're (mostly) pretty decent people, I swear! Plus, I'm getting tired of seeing this bunch over and over again. Frankly, they're starting to bore me. :worried:

Seriously, though... come out and join us, even if you've been to the Cloisters before.

Also... where's our rendezvous point? Are we meeting at the entrance to the Cloisters museum itself or down in the park somewhere? I'm driving, so I'll park in the Cloisters lot directly and then walk to wherever y'all want to meet up. I don't know the park very well, but here's a nice map. Since people tend to show up over a stretch of time, the meetup point should be somewhere where we can sit and chat while we wait, I think. I would've suggested the Heather Garden, but apparently there's a jazz concert there tomorrow and it might be crowded and hard to find people. Maybe the Cafe or Linden Terrace or the gazebo? People who know the park better should perhaps suggest a perfect place.

Either me or Caryn (or both of us) will be parking @ the Cloisters, too.

Since we haven't had any suggestions for a meeting place in the park, let's plan for the Cloisters Entrance or the Terrace (whichever is less crowded.

I'll update this thread when I arrive (between 12:30-1pm) with our exact location.

TC will be joining us for drinks (not the museum) and I will txt her when we're wrapping up. Other than TC, I think everyone else is planning on heading into the museum.

See you guys tomorrow. I'll pop in here later tonight to see if anyone else has ideas re: where to meet.

Sixtus, just keep going higher up the hill, or just ask anyone where the Cloisters is.

I just got here. I'm a bald brown guy with a biker mustache and a Targayren tshirt. I'm waiting right by the semicircular driveway entrance to the cloisters. Off the main road. At the M4 bus stop.

What a great day! I enjoyed several of my favorite things: good times with friends, good beer, and unicorns! \m/ Thanks to everyone for making this a fantastic Saturday.

Zar - not only does a Lannister pay his debts, he also pays for his Hand's street parking. :wub: Thanks, pal.

TC - happy to help. :) I'll check my kindle for that book.

Etulftune - :cheers: Happy belated birthday! Glad you enjoyed that milk stout.

naz - as always, a pleasure hanging with you.

Sixtus - great to meet you!

Looking forward to seeing you all again soon. :D

Had a great time with all of you, as usual. It was truly nice to meet you, Sixtus. Please try to make it to the Aug 15 thing, if you can. Oh, and a big hello to FUCKING BLU-RAY, who surprised the living shit out of all us when he walked into the back room of Inwood Local late in the day, beer in hand and "Hey bitches" smile on his face.

Well done mate, and awesome as hell to see you.

Archived