Analyzing the analyses: Categorical investigation of demographics

Mladen

There are two kinds of Stark loyalists

1) Those who love tales about heroes and love to root for the good guy. The first type of Stark fan will defend the numerous mistakes made by Ned and Robb and are unable to accept that Robb has some culpability in the RW by marrying Jeyne.

2) The frustrated idealists. I fall into this group. We realize that the Starks are fallible and they aren't all perfectly good. Part of us clings to the hope that someday humanity will evolve a bit and the world will be a just place. We sometimes resist being Stark fans because we know the world isn't a simple place that can be divided into good and bad. All the same we can't help but view them as the good guys.

The Greyjoy fans are who I am curious about. Some people have a set of morals that I personally disagree with, but I can at least see where are they coming from. The Iron born however don't seem to have much of a moral compass at all. The attitude on the Iron Islands seems to be that narrow self interest as all that matters. It has made me wonder if Greyjoy fans are also Ayn Rand fans.

Jon Fans:

Are usually very articulate people who understand their place (or learned to eventually). Rational thinkers who tend to take a third option or remain rather ambivalent to others. But they have their own rather strong will and are not easily swayed. At all. When presented a problem, they weigh their options and usually find the answer in an unorthodox way. Tend to enjoy deadpan humor, Dominos pizza, a good dead baby joke, and a lot of morose music.

What about Jon haters?

Nailed it,apart from the Trance Music bit.

Maybe down-tempo trip hop instead of trance. Speaking for myself, of course. But yeah, Flo nailed all of those, especially Jon and Davos. Also, I swear I don't watch Pretty Little Liars. For serious, Flo. I swear it.

God's I love the intellect and humor. But you realise you have just pushed a whole generation of lurkers,who were just ready to finally post, so far back into the deep dark internet cave they may never come out.

Jon fans are super sensitive to any criticism, like having no sense of humour. Tend to have have at least one friend with very self depreciating humorous quips. Are deep thinkers. Probably watch reruns of Law and Order(feel free to pick any numerical sequence).

Bolton fans are unusually "that guy" who tells inappropriate jokes at the company party.

Cat fans are those who watch the feed the children commercial all the way through but decide not to contribute because the youngest son needs new hockey gear this year.

Jaime fans always believe people deserve a second chance no matter what they've done in the past. This group make great social workers and priests.

Greyjoy fans they are the fans at the ballgame directly behind yours and you families seats, getting drunk until the beer sells are stopped, then pulling out their own bottle and continuing the party. They yell obscenities that would make a sailor blush.( oh good point they are sailors) When security come looking for them they point at you.

My favorites:

Region: the north, the climate and the overall ethos of "winter is coming," "the north remembers." I think the mountain clans, The Reeds and the Manderlys are my favorites of the northern people.

Shagga and the rest of the mountain people of the Vale are also a good amount of fun.

Family: The Martells. Such a variety of personalities and women have real power there.

People: The Summer Islanders. Intelligent, wise seafaring folk and highly skilled archers; again women on par with the men, and a celebratory outlook on life.

Archived