Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fragile Bird

Let's Have Fun in San Antonio - What to Do?

LOL kennos, that sounds awesome! Or worse, it may end up as the Friday night challenge... :crying:

Being a longtime New Mexico resident, George R.R. Martin loves hot, spicey peppers--he has among his many, many books a large tome covering, in detail, all the worlds peppers. So I wonder: would GRRM be up for The Four Horsemen Challenge sometime during LoneStarCon?

I've known George for more than 40 years--we're old friends (I just again visited him and Parris in Santa Fe for the re-opening of Santa Fe's Jean Cocteau Cinema, which they now own), so I volunteer to call Georgre and propose this as a BWB-supported event. The Brotherhood, perhaps with Daenerys Stormborn's assistance (Hi, Kristina!), could rally at Chunky Burgers to urge and cheer him on to add his photo to their wall of heroic survivors.

Give me the word and I'll make the call to George and see what he says to this proposal.

I think it to be a very bad idea to encourage someone in there 60's to try and poison themselves with a gutbomb of toxic peppers. Try it out with the 20 somethings who still have plenty of stomach lining to burn bore a hole through.

Being a longtime New Mexico resident, George R.R. Martin loves hot, spicey peppers--he has among his many, many books a large tome covering, in detail, all the worlds peppers. So I wonder: would GRRM be up for The Four Horsemen Challenge sometime during LoneStarCon?

I've known George for more than 40 years--we're old friends (I just again visited him and Parris in Santa Fe for the re-opening of Santa Fe's Jean Cocteau Cinema, which they now own), so I volunteer to call Georgre and propose this as a BWB-supported event. The Brotherhood, perhaps with Daenerys Stormborn's assistance (Hi, Kristina!), could rally at Chunky Burgers to urge and cheer him on to add his photo to their wall of heroic survivors.

Give me the word and I'll make the call to George and see what he says to this proposal.

I don't know about all that. We have a ghost pepper plant here at home, and I don't think anyone should be challenged to do that unless they volunteer. Plus, I'm not here to organize anything, just making suggestions from my many visits to the San Antonio area.

1) George is well aware of Chunky's and of the Four Horsemen Challenge, because we were talking about it at Boskone this year. He made it clear that he was not interested in participating in any such hijinks. I am pretty sure the words "fuck" and "no" came up more than once during that conversation. :lol:

2) A cadre of BWB (and some brave associated souls) will be going to Chunky's at some point during the week. Depending on how much Picacio wishes to join (it was his idea in the first place, way back when San Antonio first won the WC bid), we might not go until Sunday or Monday, since John's out of town until Saturday afternoon.