I think Gendry will win the IT.

melanniemunoz

A very real possibility there. I'll definitely give him a fighters chance considering all the death and mayhem coming. Ned Stark Thought Stannis should sit the IT but there is a lot of foreshadowing of his death coming up. I suppose with Renly and Stannis gone that would open the path for Gendry. A lot has got to happen for this to come into play though. Especially with so many players still on the board.

There is no foreshadowing or clues to suggest he will win the IT. Besides, I don't think the lords of Westeros would accept a bastard of a tavern wench as their king.

The highest he'll ever reach is Lord of SE.

There is no foreshadowing or clues to suggest he will win the IT. Besides, I don't think the lords of Westeros would accept a bastard of a tavern wench as their king.

The highest he'll ever reach is Lord of SE.

True: Gendry has no lands or army, since he is a known bastard, him reaching the throne would be a stretch.

The only forshadowing about Gendry is him (or Edric) marrying either Sansa or Arya. Robert said If Lyanna

had lived, we should have been brothers, bound by blood as well as affection. Well, it is not too

late. I have a son. You have a daughter.

Crackpot*

Gendry making the 'bull' helmet and referring to himself as the 'bull' makes me wonder if there is a Hightower connection.

"I'm the Bull," said Gendry, taking his lead from Arya. She could not blame him for preferring Bull to Mutton Chop.

Tom Sevenstrings strummed his harp. "Hot Pie, Squab, and the Bull. Escaped from Lord Bolton's kitchen, did you?"

Arya whirled and left him there. A stupid bullheaded bastard boy, that's all he is. He could ring all the bells he wanted, it was nothing to her.

After, Gerold Hightower himself took me aside and said to me, ‘You swore a vow to guard the king, not to judge him.' That was the White Bull, loyal to the end and a better man than me, all agree."

He could be, but Shiren has to die and Gendry and Stannis has to meet again, then Stannis has to legetimize him... oh.. and they need to win... but hey this is GRRM, everything is possible.

I believe now that he's got an army, the High Septon might make it his prerogative to legitimize a bastard to avoid giving the crown to R'hhlor-worshipping Stannis. (If Tommen & Myrcella are proved to be Lannister bastards, for example).

Sounds like Melannie has a crush on Gendry!!!!! :wub:

But it is possible. When all is said and done, there will be a need for new leadership. Perhaps he sits a throne or becomes a high lord. I would not be upset at all, if he is in a position of power.

I think Gendry or Edric sitting the IT at the end is a possibility. IF Shireen dies before Stannis, perhaps due to greyscale (or being killed because JonCon starts a greyscale epidemic and superstitious wildlings think she's the cause and murder her) and Stannis wins the IT, then Stannis might feel the need to name an heir. Legitimizing Edric/Gendry would be his best option. I wouldn't think being born bastards would preclude them being followed, many houses followed Daemon Blackfyre after all.

Archived