The Hooded Man is Syrio Forel

Motley Wearer

How is this marked as "hot"

That's crazy....

No, it's not, actually. Seeing as everyone is trying to be funny and not responding to the OP on-topic, it makes perfect sense why it's 'hot'.

On topic: I doubt Syrio is still alive, and there are too many clues about the HM saying it could not be Syrio Forel. The accent would have been mentioned, and Theon would not have recognised him.

And if Syrio would be alive, he would have gone to Arya much sooner to try and help her, train her more. I'm doubting the water dancing was all he was capable of.

I do, however, sometimes wonder why a Braaviosi would be brought in to train Arya in King's Landing (what was he doing there in the first place, training a girl) without no apparent reason, when Arya (two books later) goes off in that same direction?

We might get a reference from someone in later books, maybe not.

This is the style of GRRM however. Every little detail can make you wonder, but that doesn't mean that every detail has a meaning or double motive.

When I first saw the thread it made me laugh, I must admit. I passed it on a few times. I tried to ignore it. But the questions just kept eating at me.

How? Why? WTF?

In the end I had to click... I had to.

I had to see, god damn it. I had to know.

:bang:

^^ Yeah.

It started with the TV show before then not so much.

Estimed fellow boarder, with all due respect, you don't know what you're talking about. It was sometimes worse before.

And if Syrio would be alive, he would have gone to Arya much sooner to try and help her, train her more. I'm doubting the water dancing was all he was capable of.

Well, nobody knows where Arya is. Timeline-wise it would correspon with the fake Arya reveal.

That said, I don't think he is the HM because Theon would not recognize him and the accent would be noted.

ETA: also, his speech to Theon - “Theon Turncloak. Theon Kinslayer.”...“False is all you were. How is it you still breathe?”...The man looked, and laughed. “I leave you to him, then.” - sounds nothing like what Syrio would say.

may i join you ? *doesn't wait for an answer*

Rather late, I know, but what the hell? :bang:

Maybe the Hooded Man is Eddard Stark, and he's wearing the hood so no one can see that he doesn't have a head?

And he's a secret Blackfyre.

:lmao:

But Theon recognized the hooded man's voice. That means that Theon was in King's Landing during Arya's training. Who else was in KL knew about Serio Forel? Ned Stark.

In other words, Theon = Ned.

So, Ned warged Theon just before he died? How did I not see it before?

But Theon recognized the hooded man's voice. That means that Theon was in King's Landing during Arya's training. Who else was in KL knew about Serio Forel? Ned Stark.

In other words, Theon = Ned.

So THAT's why Theon took Winterfell. It was just Ned wanting his own castle back! And that's why he killed the miller's boys instead of Bran and Rickon, 'cause he would never harm his own sons! And hooded man, believing it was really Bran and Rickon, calls him a kinslayer! Dude, you are a genius!

Archived