Dany slayer of Lies (spoilers)

MidnightAurora

I just finished ACOK and wondering what Dany will be the slayer of lies of. At this point my only thought is to point out Mel is a liar and so are her notions and her "god" and that she is wanting to bring about the bad god of hers. My gut tells me Mel is not to be trusted in all her actions so far have been evil. She has already corrupted Stannis who people say is incorruptible and unyielding and her words and actions are as slippery as a snake. So far that is what Dany may be called upon to be the Slayer of lies for.

Any other thoughts on what she may be the Slayer of Lies of?

Lots of people believe it is the "cloth dragon sway[ing] on poles amidst a cheering crowd." Since the House of the Undying showed her so many visions, some of them could be lies - so she need to learn to tell the truth from the lies which is a very hard thing to do. Also there will be three treason she will know; one, two, or three who will commit treason to her could be liars or cheaters.

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow. A cloth dragon swayed on poles amid a cheering crowd. From a stone tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire...mother of dragons...slayer of lies...

All three are believed to be liars - the blue-eyed king, the cloth dragon, the great stone beast.

I am assuming the blue eyed King is Stannis since Mel is using his "shadows" to kill with and it is draining his lifeforce with it. Winged wolf could be the stone beast ?? Jojen saw Bran as a winged Wolf and dead maybe there is something to that.. Need to read more to figure out the cloth dragon(although I might suspect through spoilers).

Archived