Am I the only one who wanted it to happen?

Lady-Nymeria

My question is about Jaime's sword hand. I mean, when he started that fight with Brienne, I just though it was unfair: (Brienne had to keeo him alive, but she ha to defend himself from him, who didn't care if she died). So I thought "I wish she gets his sword hand cut, so he will not fight her again", but it didn't happen, and I was disappointed.

But when they got captived it happened, and I felt sorry for him. When he is finally turning into a sympathetic character, helping Brienne and trying to keep his vows, a random sellsword or whatever has his hand cut.

So, do you think he deserved it?

Before he became a sympathetic character, he deserved it. After that, well, I felt sorry for him too but at least without his sword hand, he learned that

Cersei doesn't love him truly

and discovered he can be someone else aside from being known as a Kingslayer because of that hand -

Ser Goldenhand the Just, ftw!

It depends, the book wasn't exactly treating it like an unfair fight as much as an allegory of sex, the subtext so obvious even for the Bloody Mummers themselves.

Well, it was partly a sex game to Jaime, but he was also trying to escape, wasn't he? And he was willing to hurt her or even kill her, I think. And Brienne's mission didn't allow her to do the same. That's why I was hoping he lost his hand.

I agree with Queen Visenya and with Krystalis.

Well, it was partly a sex game to Jaime, but he was also trying to escape, wasn't he?

No, he was having way too much fun for it. The books clearly established a couple of windows of opportunity for him to break from the fight or end it altogether, and Jaime didn't take them until Brienne was wet and bloody (by actual water and an actual wound).

Archived