What POV's did you enjoy the best? No spoiler please

DavosSeaworth

hmmm i liked Jaimes chapters a LOT. Cerseis chapters is a little bit mixed.. sometimes she is just soo stupid its funny and sometimes its just plain boring.

I LOVE Sansa, number two after Jaime.

Dorne and the Iron isles were more interesting than fun but still very good to read. I did not really like Sam or Brienne. And Arya is better but still its only fun because.... well I'm not gonna spoil anything. :P

• 2 weeks later...

I found Jaime to be the most interesting POV character, and thus far he would easily be my favorite character in the series. While I don't like Cersei herself, her POV chapters would come a close second for me. They're really interesting, and I always love seeing what goes in Kings Landing - and in her head.

In all honesty, I practically enjoyed all the POVs in this book bar Brienne’s.

I'm enjoying the Cersei chapters because she's totally whacked, and it has the most plot movement concerning characters we're familiar with. It's an interesting character study in someone that is clearly mentally ill, but high-functioning at the same time.

I find Jamie, Samwell and Brienne all uninteresting. Nice characters, but they're just not DOING anything... Jamie went to see Lancel and that was interesting for a bit, but otherwise, m'eh.

Arya tends to be a lot more interesting because she's going through some sort of personal trial, not just on the road to somewhere else.

Not too big on the Ironborn. I guess they're ok, but their characters haven't really gripped me yet.

But, I LOVE Dorne. I think those chapters are great, that Arienne is great. I like how she has trouble playing the Game of Thrones because she just plain likes people. Even the enemy she set out to seduce she wound up having feelings for... which is more than you can say about so many relationships you encounter in this story...compare to Cersei, who can't so much as muster up an ounce of compassion for those that are supposedly on her side.

Jaime the most; after reading a FoC he started to become one of my favorite characters

After him Cersei (her chapters give you a good insight in her actions - she is a bit crazy and paranoid), Alayne and the Dornish

I'm growing fond of Jaime, and it doesn't hurt him that he's the only recurring pov besides Arya, Cersei and Sam, at least that I can remember. Only halfway through, tho. Mixed feelings about the oneshots. Haven't really grown to care much about what happens among the ironborn, and not really Dorne either. Not bad or uninteresting, by any means, but I highly prefer the recurring viewpoints.

Cersei's were definitely fun to read, mainly because of how pissed off she'd get when things didn't go exactly how she wanted. Jaime's chapters were great, too. I really love the way his character has grown since he became a POV character. Arya's were fantastic, and I enjoyed Brienne's for the way they fleshed out Westeros and the effect the war has had on the smaller places.

Honestly, I liked the whole book quite a bit, a lot more than I was expecting to considering its somewhat lackluster reputation.

Archived