Who will get Casterly Rock

BlackBrother55

I'm a couple hundred pages through ASOS, about a fourth of the way through. It's a great book, definetly improving upon ACOK and introducing a bunch of new great POVS, and having great developments in POVS that were introduced in the first book.

Anyway, in one of Tyrion's first POV chapters in ASOS(it may have been the first actually, I'm not sure)he asks Tywin if he will make him heir to Casteryly Rock, which Tywin refuses to do.

My question is, who does Tywin expect to take over Casterly Rock? Jaime is a member of the Kingsguard and cannot own land, Cereei is a woman, who else but Tyrion? Kevan? Perhaps, Tywin always has relied on him before, but he is going through a breakdown right now because one of his sons was killed and the other two are in danger(which could possibly leave him without an heir). Joffery? No, he's the king. Myrcella? A woman, and already set to wed Doran Martell's son. Tommen? Quite possibly actually. He is directly related to Tywin and as the youngest of Cersei's children would not take the throne(unless Jofferey dies). Or Tywin could give the castle to one of his other brothers, or cousins. Lannister is a large house.

Anyway, tell me what you all think.

• 1 month later...

I have finished A Storm of Swords, and some of the characters who used to have a claim for Casterly Rock don't have it anymore. As you have said, Tywin refused to give it to Tyrion. He wanted Jaime to inherit the Rock, but he rejected the offer, saying that as a knight of the Kingsguard he shouldn't hold any land. Maybe it could go to Cercei (being a woman doesn't mean that she cannot hold her father's land if there's no other heir (for example, Sansa is considered to be the heir of Winterfell, and Asha was considered to be before her brother in the succession of the Pyke). If they want a man to hold the Rock, however, it can be given to Ser Kevan, Tywin's sole surviving brother.

• 3 weeks later...

Jaime is in the Kingsguard and refused to leave so Jaime's out. Tywin refuses to give the rock to Tyrion. Jaime and Cersei's kids are at the throne so they're out. I think Kevan would get it. Not only is he next since the others are out, he's a fine leader and one of Tywin's closest friends. So Kevan should get the Rock. Though I prefer Tyrion to get it

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have no idea who will get it--but I'm banking on either Tyrion or Myrcella. They're both capable lordings, intelegent and charismatic, and they may share equal rights to it as the books go on. I'd be happy with either of them. :dunno:

Archived