Wights and the Fist of Men

MidnightAurora

Wights when reanimated have blue eyes (ice blue) and black hands. I am have been thinking the significance of this. Any thoughts?

Ghost would not go near the fist of men and got scared it seemed and ran off, but came back. Did Ghost sense something there past present future? Something buried?

• 3 weeks later...

Im sure you have found out by now, but yes there is some significance with that, seems like you are on the right track of sorts. As far as the wights and fist of men, hmm It is interesting. Just a theory, but maybe something having to do with past events (A certain Night Watchman) and his encounter with the white walkers. Could maybe hint at the future.

Thanks. Why did the Wights attack when they did? They attacked after Jon had left, so was Jon being present or Ghost or both protecting the Watch somehow just by being present? Why not attack the wildlings as their numbers were more. The wights attacked in an orderly fashioned almost military style and attacked the men on the fist on a hill. A few things do not add up right. I have a few more thoughts and will be back later. I think somehow Jon and/or Ghost's presence protected them because so far everywhere Jon has gone no wights/Others have appeared. Jon found the treasure and seemed to have been meant to find it. i noticed that the direwolves know the scent of their child they are bonded too as well as any Stark so I was assuming the treasure was buried by Benjen.

I wouldnt agree with you saying Jon or Ghost protected them with their presence, but clearly you have read a bit farther than me. Remember when Jon saved mormont from the wight? Well, Ghost had a knack for warning jon and he sort of did when they had settled. Ghost whined and whined until he showed jon the chest of night swatch gear which seems implied that is Benjens or one of his rangers imo. Seems the broken horn couldve been a hint at why the nights watch haven't found any evidence of the rangers (except those first two wight, which ghost found) Seems ghost is keeping a watchful eye out for those close to jon and jon himself, i wouldn't go so far as to say they have some magical spell that keeps wights away. As I said earlier though, seems you have read more than I have. Im still on the davos, battle of blackwater chapter. I like your questions though. I will keep them in mind when
I read more jon chapters. Like you, I am only going off of assumptions and what i saw as foreshadowing examples.

I am not talking about some spell, but something about the mere presence of Jon and/or Ghost that kept them at bay until Jon left. The way the wights attacked (later described by a few characters) was very military like and that seemed odd and the fires did not seem to deter them which was even more strange.

Yes, catch up on the reading and we can discuss more. Is the blackwater battle in ACOK or ASOS?? Sorry I a reading all the books and they are starting to bleed together a little.

Archived