GOODKIND III

Werthead

Goodkind quote of the day: Hissing, hackles lifting, the chicken's head rose. Kahlan pulled back. Its claws digging into stiff dead flesh, the chicken slowly turned to face her. It cocked its head, making its comb flop, its wattles sway. "Shoo," Kahlan heard herself whisper. There wasn't enough light, and besides, the side of its beak was covered with gore, so she couldn't tell if it had the dark spot, But she didn't need to see it. "Dear spirits, help me," she prayed under her breath. The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken. This was evil manifest.

--Terry Goodkind, Soul of the Fire

You're welcome. :D

edited for spelling.

Goodkind quote of the day: Hissing, hackles lifting, the chicken's head rose. Kahlan pulled back. Its claws digging into stiff dead flesh, the chicken slowly turned to face her. It cocked its head, making its comb flop, its wattles sway. "Shoo," Kahlan heard herself whisper. There wasn't enough light, and besides, the side of its beak was covered with gore, so she couldn't tell if it had the dark spot, But she didn't need to see it. "Dear spirits, help me," she prayed under her breath. The bird let out a slow chicken cackle. It sounded like a chicken, but in her heart she knew it wasn't. In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken. This was evil manifest.

You're welcome. :D

edited for spelling.

Is that really an actual quote from the Goodkind?!?

Well, as you can see, its evil, but its not a chicken. It looks like a chicken, probably tastes like a chicken, but brother, it ain't no chicken.

Is that really an actual quote from the Goodkind?!?

Word for word. Sadly I have the book to quote from.

Wait.....how are chickens the manifestation of evil? Jeebus that's corny.

If you're looking for a defense of this, look elsewhere. Suffice to say, the chicken that is not a chicken is very evil, and only Richard can defeat it.

Oh dear lord.... :lol:

In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken. This looked like a chicken, like most of the Mud People's chickens. But this was no chicken. This was evil manifest.

My fiction teacher would have fits if she ever read this.

Wait.....how are chickens the manifestation of evil? Jeebus that's corny.
Maybe Goodkind had a bad experience with KFC. You know how the rumor goes, with KFC breeding genetically altered chicken without heads and feathers for their fried chicken.

My fiction teacher would have fits if she ever read this.

If I had a fiction teacher, I would bring a Goodkind book in class, and ask him to explain why someone who is writing exactly the way we are taught not to sells more volumes than most of the by the book authors together. seriously.

I don't doubt he would say it is because people are stupid :D

anyway...

In that instant, she completely understood the concept of a chicken that was not a chicken.
is so awesome it almost make me want to try reading SoT. Goodkind soudns like the Chuck Norris of Fantasy authors.

Archived