The Magic of Nightfort

Bartimus Stone

Just about finished with the book (aysos). I just finished chapter where Samwell Tarly leads Bran and the gang through the magic black gate. Sam says the black brothers vows and a mouth opens on the door (magic). I was surprised that Bran wasn't amazed as much as he was by this. This is the first real magic he has ever seen. All of old nan stories coming to life in that one instant. Just expected more from Bran I guess. Bit disappointed.

I know! No outrageous jaw dropping of any sort. It's not common to see a talking door with a big mouth. What if that door eats them? Or, it's actually a portal to another world? It's Old Nan's story come to life and he's the story's main character, right?

Bran is a warg and his best friend is a greenseer. I think he has a pretty good idea that magic exists when he sees the door at Nightfort. I think at this point he expects to see more and more fantastical things the farther north he travels..

Bran is a warg and his best friend is a greenseer. I think he has a pretty good idea that magic exists when he sees the door at Nightfort. I think at this point he expects to see more and more fantastical things the farther north he travels..

Exactly. This wouldn't have been the first magic he's seen.

Archived