Of the 3 (or 4?) remaining Starks.... Who would you give Winterfell to?

Jose Stark

No, I doubt that people will go that crazy... On the other hand, I am always stunned by some craziness I read around here...

well last i checked Maester Hodor is still around so don't cross it off the list yet

A king does not have the power to do what he likes and get rid of the line of succession. The line of succession is what gives him the authority in the first place. As far as I am concerned Robb's will, whoever it names would not matter.

I would give the North to Bran, then Rickon followed by Sansa and lastly Arya.

A king does not have the power to do what he likes and get rid of the line of succession. The line of succession is what gives him the authority in the first place. As far as I am concerned Robb's will, whoever it names would not matter.

Hey, we agree. :cheers:

Jon will not take Winterfell as long as any of his siblings live, except perhaps as regent until they come of age. Sansa is destined for other things, and Rickon will not survive. Bran will leave his tree and return to Winterfell and become another legendary Brandon.

Sansa was only disinherited because she's now a Lannister, but if the marriage is annulled, I think she could make a claim. That being said, I prefer Sansa as Lady Stark of Winterfell in her own right.

But, Sansa would never go over her brothers. She would gladly help them in anything. She prayed for Robb even though he abandoned her. I think she might rule as Lady of Winterfell, only in the time of need. Something like Eowyn in Rohan (the leading part, not warrior)

Both Jon and Sansa could just be regents for Rickon, but saying that Sansa looks like Catelyn and Jon looks like Ned that would probably confuse the heck out of poor Rickon.

I'm not sure what's going to happen with Rickon, I just don't think a happy ending with his sister and brother as his regents is very likely, given that he is about to be dragged into the whole mess by Manderly. But you know, that (Rickon mistaking Jon and Sansa for Ned and Catelyn) is actually a popular idea in certain circles and it would be a good source of character drama. I think that if Sansa and Rickon meet again, he is going to mistake her for Catelyn regardless of her being or not being his legal guardian. He loved and missed Catelyn so much and probably remembers her better than any of his other family members. I think we could get a happy reunion that would seem perfectly normal at first, but then it would be revealed that Rickon refuses to accept that Sansa is not Catelyn and see her as his sister and she would have to deal with that.

I thought there was a chance I'd see you in this thread. :)

Well, someone had to say it ^_^

You must have missed her chapters in Feast. It happens sometimes, I know. You should check it out though, fourth book in the series. Good read!

Wow wow wow.... Im gonna stop this before it turns into ana rgument.... You like sansa and think shes going to a big player in the game .... Thats fine if it happens good for u..... Me mysef dont like her and i thought she is laaargely overrated by her fans specially in AFFC.... But this is not about if we like sansa or not.... The thread is about who gets Winterfell and the North.....it is Known

I agree too. I would love to see both Bran and Rickon living in WF their whole lives. If any folks had any idea of overthrowing the crippled Bran, Rickon would be there to have his back. Bran has the brain for ruling and Rickon has the brawn.

But, Sansa would never go over her brothers. She would gladly help them in anything. She prayed for Robb even though he abandoned her. I think she might rule as Lady of Winterfell, only in the time of need. Something like Eowyn in Rohan (the leading part, not warrior)

Robb never abandoned her

he did what he had to do she knows that

Robb never abandoned her

I get that, and I know she does too, but he did leave his sister to the mercy of Lannisters, and the fact he was unable to see how she can be useful, was one of the most tragic mistakes he made...

I get that, and I know she does too, but he did leave his sister to the mercy of Lannisters, and the fact he was unable to see how she can be useful, was one of the most tragic mistakes he made...

i understand but he never had her to make use of her i'm sure he would have if he had her

i understand but he never had her to make use of her i'm sure he would have if he had her

Well, he used Arya in negotiations with Freys, so he could have used her in different way, as Tywin said he could have done.

Wow wow wow.... Im gonna stop this before it turns into ana rgument.... You like sansa and think shes going to a big player in the game .... Thats fine if it happens good for u..... Me mysef dont like her and i thought she is laaargely overrated by her fans specially in AFFC.... But this is not about if we like sansa or not.... The thread is about who gets Winterfell and the North.....it is Known

Not about loving or hating a character. It's about acknowledging what's written in the text.

Well, he used Arya in negotiations with Freys, so he could have used her in different way, as Tywin said he could have done.

Cat used Arya (and that's one of the few things i blame her for) but how do you suggest he marries sansa off without her being there ?

Robb never abandoned her

I disagree with this. What was Robb going to lose from trading Jaime for his sisters? His crown possibly the Riverlands, but he should have valued his sisters higher. From a propaganda terms he should have made the war about regaining his sisters. They failed to regain Lyanna, but they would get back Sansa and Arya. After that he could retreat North and declare independence.

Cat used Arya (and that's one of the few things i blame her for) but how do you suggest he marries sansa off without her being there ?

Well, the same way Cat used Arya, negotiate a engagement first... Sansa could have tied to Robb one of the Great Houses, or at least a powerful some ally.

Well, the same way Cat used Arya, negotiate a engagement first... Sansa could have tied to Robb one of the Great Houses, or at least a powerful some ally.

you forgot that Sansa was still betrothed to Joffery at the time

I don't see Arya or Bran being destined to produce heirs and run a household and so on. Jon is still a man of the nights watch. Rickon is the only one i can see continuing the Stark like, and winterfell is a Stark place.

I disagree with this. What was Robb going to lose from trading Jaime for his sisters? His crown possibly the Riverlands, but he should have valued his sisters higher. From a propaganda terms he should have made the war about regaining his sisters. They failed to regain Lyanna, but they would get back Sansa and Arya. After that he could retreat North and declare independence.

he would loose his bannermens respect and support (the greatjon defied him in his own hall about a minor issue "the vanguard" they would abandon him thinking he's weak trading the "kingslayer" for two girls to him those two girls are the world but to them they're just two girls )

and how do you think he will feel when tywin burns his uncles lands and kills him while he's hiding in the north

you forgot that Sansa was still betrothed to Joffery at the time

At the time Cat negotiated with Freys, yes. But, one of the first peace conditions Robb sent to Joffrey was that engagements would be broken, and if he did exchange Jaime for Sansa, he could have used her to negotiate with some other House...

Archived