MLB 2013 III - When Puigs Fly

Myshkin

I heard an interesting stat this morning. The team with home field has won 25 of the last 32 World Series. NL needs to get the bats going.

Read this, Trisky

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1705804-is-the-all-star-game-awarding-home-field-advantage-changing-the-world-series

So here's where we find ourselves staring the original question in the face: Has the home-field advantage aspect of the All-Star Game had an impact? Based on what we've looked at, the answer is "no" more than it is "yes.

Gomez just committed one of the Classic Blunders.

The first is never try to take third with no outs (which Fielder just did), but second and only slightly less well-known is this: Never extend your glove hand several steps early and rob yourself of the last few steps to get to the ball.

INCONCEIVABLE!

Wasn't that Gonzalez? Not a big deal in an exhibition, but the Fielder play would have been fine even in the World Series it was easily a triple. Also, I'm not a big fan of Rivera getting MVP. I mean its an exhibition but its not Little League.

Who would've been your choice? A bunch of dudes got one hit and a bunch of pitchers threw scoreless innings. It was kind of a tossup either way.

Sale would have made more sense, maybe Kipnis? Bottom line, that was clearly a tribute, think it cheapens it. Not that it matters at all.

that's like being surprised that the toy in a happy meal isn't a high quality collectible piece.

what is that and why do you want people to click on it?

It is a blow by blow account of the imbecile who ran out onto the field at the ASG. It started with his Tweet "I'll run out onto the field at citi field if I get 1,000 RTs." It includes screen caps of the text messages his mom sent to him telling him he's an idiot and not to do it, a tweet that says "well, you can blame it on social media", and finally moments before he ran onto the field and was literally body slammed by security "AHHH".

Gomez just committed one of the Classic Blunders.

The first is never try to take third with no outs (which Fielder just did), but second and only slightly less well-known is this: Never extend your glove hand several steps early and rob yourself of the last few steps to get to the ball.

While I completely agree on both points I enjoyed the shit out of Fielder running that out.

Archived