What scene, that you think will happen, are you most looking forward to in TWOW?

Actually, all I am looking forward to, is actually reading The Winds of Winter in my hands.

So do I.

A certain novice saddlin' up and gettin' the Hell outta Quiet Isle....and Elder Brother standin' there sayin'

"Sandor! COME BACK, SANDOR!"

Sandor: "Bugger the Elder Brother."

Additional from me: Dance of Dragons 2 ---> this is going to be fiery and bloody.

I want to see the Iron Throne change a few times in one book. Have Tommen get killed, and let both Aegon and Stannis become king for a bit. I like the idea that Stannis, after working his ass off for the Iron Throne, would get killed the same day he takes it. The irony would be amazing.

I want Cersei to die, but not until the end of the series. She needs to make it to the very end; there aren't many really strong villains left and I feel like the books need her around, scheming in some capacity. Kill her kids though. I'm all set with them.

I think the wall needs to fall in the end of TWOW. It would make a great visual and cliffhanger ending; a horn blowing, the wall crashing down and destroying all of the castles and most of the Night's Watch members, seen from a few miles away by Jon. And then when the snow, ice and debris, settles, he sees a vast army of others marching through. It would end his oath to the NW, and would ramp up the need for everybody to see that the threat from the north is finally upon them. I'd also be open to Jon getting released from his oath by death and resurrection, but this way would be cleaner, and propel the plot in other ways.

Also, it'd effectively send Jon back to Winterfell, at least for a little while, in the beginning of ADOS. I think he has unfinished business there in the crypts and the Godswood.

Dany showing up with her army on the shores of Westeros by the end of the book. I really have little interest in her battle in Mereen and most of what's going on there, other than Dany uniting with Jorah and Tyrion. Have her win her battle and then disappear until the end of the book to give her time offscreen for her voyage to be plausible. If she's not in Westeros by the end of THIS book, we've got a problem.

Arya needs to be back in Westeros. Enough is enough. Move that story along.

I want to see where Theon's story is going. Is he going to die in some sacrifice? Will it be put on hold? What part in the story does he have to play? Is he going to make it to ADOS? Will he get the last laugh on the Boltons? Will he help Jon or Bran or Rickon in some way? Will Asha save him? For one of the most reviled characters, Theon is certainly one of the most interesting and fun to follow.

Do something INTERESTING with the Dornish and the Martells! I'm not vested in their story, but it's clearly going to matter to the plot. I just want to see it go somewhere so it doesn't feel like death on paper anymore.

The next step in Arya's training and reuniting with Nymeria.

What Jon Snow does now that he's been released from his vow to the NW.

Mance Rayder flaying Ramsay over the course of the entire book.

Dany heading for Westeros

He is dead... I don't see many dead men enjoying their freedom.

the sack of yunkai (I may be the only person that wants to see more of Dany in slavers bay....as long as stuff is happening)

melisandre's reaction to the ides of marsh

arya encounteting justin massey and harys swyft (and the mountians men) in braavos

all of the meetings in meereen! Tyrion, jorah, marwyn, barristan, victarion, moqorro, assuming they all survive this is as exiting to me as the battle itself will be

TAMED DRAGONS!

I have a high degree of anticipation for everything we already know has to happen: the two battles, Dany's dealings with the Dothraki, whatever is happening at Castle Black, the trials of the Queens, Davos' odyssey, Brienne's decision, Arya's training. To choose a single most wanted scene: the meeting of Dany with all the newcomers in Meereen. I want to see Tyrion tell her the truth about her family... though since his intent is to throw in with her, he may be laggardly in telling certain points.

Others' attack after 17 years of waiting. Of course I haven't been waiting that long but still. When I saw the 2 first seasons of GoT and read the books afterwards and saw the 3rd book's name "Storm of Swords" I was sure the Others would attack in it.

Archived