Small questions v.10009

Angalin

Was Mandon Moore littlefinger's man?

Maybe, or maybe not. There's no definitive proof for anything.

There's a popular theory that he was behind Tyrion's assassination attempt during Battle of Blackwater, but there's no conclusive proof for that. Affirmative point is that both of them are from Vale and both got career boost by Jon Arryn

There's a popular theory that he was behind Tyrion's assassination attempt during Battle of Blackwater, but there's no conclusive proof for that. Affirmative point is that both of them are from Vale and both got career boost by Jon Arryn

That was what I thought while rereading but I hope it'll be answered or touched upon again.

Lancel told previous HS everything - and that's the reason Cersei had jim killed in his sleep. It's unkown whether new HS knows of Lancel's confession.

So the High Septon may or may not know? If he did, the HS would know that that Stannis is the king but at the same time wouldn't the high Septon have Lancel killed (or some sort of punishment)? Yet Lancel was in Cersei's guard during the walk and he seemed to be doing well.

That was what I thought while rereading but I hope it'll be answered or touched upon again.

Hopefully, it will be. I'm also curious to find out who was behind Tyrion's assassination.

So the High Septon may or may not know? If he did, the HS would know that that Stannis is the king but at the same time wouldn't the high Septon have Lancel killed (or some sort of punishment)? Yet Lancel was in Cersei's guard during the walk and he seemed to be doing well.

New HS seems to be both quite ruthless and pragmatical and religious fanatic; so it's difficult for me to predict what would he do with Lancel in case he knew. Maybe he'd find him useful and truly repentant and ignore his misdeeds or simply thought that fornication with the queen deserves death sentence no matter the circumstances.

If HS knows all from Lancel he knows that Cersei wanted Robert dead and manipulated Lancel into seeing that Robert was very drunk when facing the boar. And he knows that Lancel banged the Queen (who was his cousin & not taboo in ASOIAF) after Robert's death. Why would Cersei have told Lancel about the twincest?

Was Baelor the blessed only married to daena? And if so why not marry the other two two to make alliances and sent them away from him If he was afraid of temptation? And why wasn't daena killed for treason after giving birth to a bastard while married to the king?

I think the marriage was sorta annulled once he became King. Lancel tells Jamie:

“I said some words and gave her a red cloak, but only to please Father. Marriage requires consummation. King Baelor was made to wed his sister Daena, but they never lived as man and wife, and he put her aside as soon as he was crowned.”

Has it ever been mentioned if Lyn Cobray was offered a position in the Kingsguard? Given his status and families history with the Kingsguard it seems a perfect fit.

I don't think it has been mentioned. I guess it could be a good fit except for the pedophelia, well considering the current state of the Kingsguard, maybe that wouldn't be a big deal for them.

I think the marriage was sorta annulled once he became King. Lancel tells Jamie:

[...]

Indeed. It's also confirmed by an SSM: "The eldest daughter of King Aegon III was sixteen when her brother Baelor ascended the Iron Throne, dissolved his marriage to her (which had been celebrated but never consummated), and [...]"

Was Baelor the blessed only married to daena? And if so why not marry the other two two to make alliances and sent them away from him If he was afraid of temptation? [...]

Yes, he was (as RumHam said, before he was king). Sending them away wouldn't have worked, because he wasn't just afraid that he'd be tempted, but also that other men would be tempted to taint their purity. (Same SSM as above.)

Has it ever been mentioned if Lyn Cobray was offered a position in the Kingsguard? Given his status and families history with the Kingsguard it seems a perfect fit.

Lyn Corbray was also fighting against Robert and Jon at the beginning of the war. That might have been a factor in decisions.

Also, Ser Mandon kept to himself and had no friends in the capital.

Lyn Corbray was also fighting against Robert and Jon at the beginning of the war. That might have been a factor in decisions.

So was Ser Barristan Selmy, and he was made Lord Commander of the Kingsguard.

If I had to guess, I would say that Lyn didn't want the position.

So was Ser Barristan Selmy, and he was made Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. If I had to guess, I would say that Lyn didn't want the position.

Barristan was already a member of the KG and was the best living knight in the realm at the time. Makes sense to raise him to LC. Also Barristan was known as a man of honour who could be trusted despite having fought on the enemy side. Corbray is not.

Archived