Small questions v.10009

Angalin

As for Wylla it seems confirmed that she was/is the wetnurse at Starfall. It's possible that she was at the Tower of Joy (perhaps bought by Arthur Dayne) and knows about R+L=J and may have agreed to be Ned's cover story.

And back in Starfall it is assumed that she happened to give birth to a child during the trip, no matter if she didn't show any signs of pregnancy beforehand...

Of course it may be that she didn't stay in Starfall before the ToJ, and instead was living someplace else until she was founded (by Arthur Dayne, Howland Reed or Ned) to be Jon's wet nurse. But why would she then end up being an actual wet nurse in Starfall, if Ned took the baby with him and there being no baby to nurse? And if the dead Arthur was her only tie to Starfall? Confusing.

I think that Wylla was in fact the Starfall wet nurse in the first place, hence why Arthur Dayne thought she could be trusted to tend to Lyanna at the ToJ and why Ned trusted her to be his cover story.

As for the lack of pregnancy, well she was presumably low born so most people would pay little attention to her. Plus she would have been looking after Lyanna at the ToJ for some time, long enough for her to have supposedly gotten pregnant and had a child.

I think that Wylla was in fact the Starfall wet nurse in the first place, hence why Arthur Dayne thought she could be trusted to tend to Lyanna at the ToJ and why Ned trusted her to be his cover story.

As for the lack of pregnancy, well she was presumably low born so most people would pay little attention to her. Plus she would have been looking after Lyanna at the ToJ for some time, long enough for her to have supposedly gotten pregnant and had a child.

Well, either Wylla had been a wetnurse for some time before Jon was born, or she herself just had a baby recently (presuming Jon was not hers). Otherwise, there would be no breast milk. Any evidence as to whether or not Wylla had prior children?

Well, either Wylla had been a wetnurse for some time before Jon was born, or she herself just had a baby recently (presuming Jon was not hers). Otherwise, there would be no breast milk. Any evidence as to whether or not Wylla had prior children?

The very fact that she was a wetnurse suggests that she'd had a kid previously. It seems to me that they'd want to use someone who was already lactating rather than go to the trouble of inducing artificially. There's no telling how long ago that might have been though.

Where did Ramsay lock up Donella? He seized her on the road returning from the harvest feast at WF and married her that night. Then Wyman seized Hornwood Castle. Ramsay locked her in a tower amd Rodrik smashed the door down to get her. He found Reek & Ramsay on Hornwood land. The lands were adjacent to Bolton lands.

Where did Ramsay lock up Donella? He seized her on the road returning from the harvest feast at WF and married her that night. Then Wyman seized Hornwood Castle. Ramsay locked her in a tower amd Rodrik smashed the door down to get her. He found Reek & Ramsay on Hornwood land. The lands were adjacent to Bolton lands.

Just some random tower not part of any castle, like Queenscrown or the Tower of Joy.

For real or your best (and very good) guess?

Just an educated guess, I don't know anything you don't. The tower is only mentioned in passing and only as "a tower." As you say Ramsey was caught on Hornwood lands so it stands to reason that the tower was also on Hornwood lands. There are a few examples of little villages centered around a tower or small holdfast. I think Jamie comes across one in the Riverlands before Brienne takes him away.

Just an educated guess, I don't know anything you don't. The tower is only mentioned in passing and only as "a tower." As you say Ramsey was caught on Hornwood lands so it stands to reason that the tower was also on Hornwood lands. There are a few examples of little villages centered around a tower or small holdfast. I think Jamie comes across one in the Riverlands before Brienne takes him away.

I'll go ahead and say it again: Very good guess! It's either that or Rodrik bulled his way into the Dreadfort.

In aGoT Ned says renly showed him a picture of margaery excitedly and expected Ned to think she looks like lyanna. Knowing what we know about renly doesn't this exchange seem sort of strange to anyone else? I mean it's like renly wants to show margaery off to people but I always thought he was sort of apathetic towards her for obvious reasons and just married her for highgarden and to have a queen. Sorry if it seems like I'm lacking a question here but it struck me as odd and I wondered if anyone else had thoughts about this?

In aGoT Ned says renly showed him a picture of margaery excitedly and expected Ned to think she looks like lyanna. Knowing what we know about renly doesn't this exchange seem sort of strange to anyone else? I mean it's like renly wants to show margaery off to people but I always thought he was sort of apathetic towards her for obvious reasons and just married her for highgarden and to have a queen. Sorry if it seems like I'm lacking a question here but it struck me as odd and I wondered if anyone else had thoughts about this?

Renly wasn't excited about Marge herself, but about the prospect that he could get Robert to fall in love with her and set aside Cersei in favour of Marge. Renly had bad relations with Cersei, but using the Renly->Loras->Marge connection, he would stand to gain a very powerful position in that case.

Renly wasn't excited about Marge herself, but about the prospect that he could get Robert to fall in love with her and set aside Cersei in favour of Marge. Renly had bad relations with Cersei, but using the Renly->Loras->Marge connection, he would stand to gain a very powerful position in that case.

ah, ok, thank you, just read the part where Robert tells Ned renly mentioned margaery to him as well, makes much more sense now

Could Septa Lemore be Wylla?

She shows signs of childbirth ie stretchmarks, and would be around the same age

Septa Lemore's true identity is not yet known. There are bunch of theories that say she's Ashara Dayne or even Lyanna Stark. Until GRRM or the books say otherwise, Septa Lemore is Septa Lemore who Tyrion saw has stretch marks that show she borne a child.

Was Renly a knight? I can't recall anyone calling him Ser Renly. Also was he on Greenstone with the Estermonts during the rebellion?

I think it's mentioned at one point that Loras was his squire, which would make him a Knight. I have it in my head that he was in Storms End during the Rebellion but I'm not 100% sure.

Edit: no one would call him Ser because he's the Lord of Storms end and I guess a prince also.

Archived