Small questions v.10009

Angalin

Since Harren the Black was Ironborn (and a Greyjoy, I think), do Theon and Asha have a claim to Harrenhal?

Black line was eliminated with Harren's death. Greyjoys took over. Many other houses have had Harrenhal since.I think the more interesting line is Asha realizing the similarities between the past kingsmoot which elevated Goodbrother was declared fraudulent because the true heir was not allowed to participate and the Theon situation.

The Corbrays came over from Braavos with LF's ancestor. They are allies. Lyn is totally in LF's pay. On the other topic, LF is my favorite candidate for MM going after Tyrion. After all, LF wants Cersei to look bad. He got Lysa to send Catelyn a letter blaming Lannisters for killing Jon Arryn.

The Corbrays came over from Braavos with LF's ancestor.

Wha? There was a Corbray wielding Lady Forlorn on the loyalist side during the first Blackfyre Rebellion.

Edit:Here's what the wiki has to say, I think it explains your confusion:

"Petyr Baelish’s great-grandfather was a Braavosi sellsword in the service of Lord Corbray; when his son became a hedge knight he took the stone head of the Titan of Braavos as his sigil."

Do we ever actually see Loras Tyrell wielding a sword in either practice or combat? It seems to me that he prefers the morningstar. If thats the case, should we really read into his comment that Garlan is better with a sword when comparing their combat (not swordsmen) prowess?

Do we ever actually see Loras Tyrell wielding a sword in either practice or combat? It seems to me that he prefers the morningstar. If thats the case, should we really read into his comment that Garlan is better with a sword when comparing their combat (not swordsmen) prowess?

I don't think we ever see him in actual battle, since Tyrion blacks out about the time he shows up at the Blackwater. We see him in a couple tournaments, one of which he uses a lance and the other an ax. Presumably he killed Robar Royce and Emmon Cuy with the sword he wore as a member of Renly's rainbow guard. So there's that.

'protar'wrote:

The very fact that she was a wetnurse suggests that she'd had a kid previously. It seems to me that they'd want to use someone who was already lactating rather than go to the trouble of inducing artificially. There's no telling how long ago that might have been though.

================================================================================================

Well, you all know what they say: Where there's a Wylla, there's a Way". :cool4:

Seriously, Wylla may have been more than a wetnurse. She may have been a midwife (or wise woman, or whatever they were called then). If Rhaegar had the foresight to provide three KG members, surely he could have found a midwife for his lady friend. If he's the father and did not, perhaps that's why Lyanna died.

Wha? There was a Corbray wielding Lady Forlorn on the loyalist side during the first Blackfyre Rebellion.

Edit:Here's what the wiki has to say, I think it explains your confusion:

"Petyr Baelish’s great-grandfather was a Braavosi sellsword in the service of Lord Corbray; when his son became a hedge knight he took the stone head of the Titan of Braavos as his sigil."

We know the Corbrays and Littlefinger are still close because Lyn is working for LF in the Vale.

I dont feel confused - am I?

Ah, you are saying the Corbrays didnt come over with LF - got it.

'protar'wrote:

The very fact that she was a wetnurse suggests that she'd had a kid previously. It seems to me that they'd want to use someone who was already lactating rather than go to the trouble of inducing artificially. There's no telling how long ago that might have been though.

================================================================================================

Well, you all know what they say: Where there's a Wylla, there's a Way". :cool4:

Seriously, Wylla may have been more than a wetnurse. She may have been a midwife (or wise woman, or whatever they were called then). If Rhaegar had the foresight to provide three KG members, surely he could have found a midwife for his lady friend. If he's the father and did not, perhaps that's why Lyanna died.

That was my thought as well, that she was both, but was primarily at the ToJ to deliver Jon. In the ToJ dream I believe it's mentioned that they, plural find him which indicates at least one more person other than Howland Reed.

If the Wall is a natural Other repellent, why is it so damn high? In the show Sam said something like - if the Others come, hopefully the Wall is high enough (but can they climb?) Lastly, is the Wall's height made to discourage Wildings from climbing it then? :dunno:

I believe the maximum range of an old English longbow was about 600 ft so at 700 ft attackers would have no way of applying suppressing fire on defenders leaving any assaulters completely exposed as we saw when Mance tried to storm the gate at Castle Black. If the Wall was just a bit lower defenders would be vulnerable to attacking archers.

I believe the maximum range of an old English longbow was about 600 ft so at 700 ft attackers would have no way of applying suppressing fire on defenders leaving any assaulters completely exposed as we saw when Mance tried to storm the gate at Castle Black. If the Wall was just a bit lower defenders would be vulnerable to attacking archers.

Although as it happens some of the NW, or at least the scarecrows atop the Wall do get hit by arrows. Blame the wind I suppose.

Although as it happens some of the NW, or at least the scarecrows atop the Wall do get hit by arrows. Blame the wind I suppose.

Yeah, out of so manny arrows being launched a few are bound to go farther but that doesn't mean they're in effective range.

I don't think we ever see him in actual battle, since Tyrion blacks out about the time he shows up at the Blackwater. We see him in a couple tournaments, one of which he uses a lance and the other an ax. Presumably he killed Robar Royce and Emmon Cuy with the sword he wore as a member of Renly's rainbow guard. So there's that.

Thank you!

And then I guess we heard the reports of him and his Morningstar on Dragonstone, but everything from that whole story is suspect as of now

If the Wall is a natural Other repellent, why is it so damn high? In the show Sam said something like - if the Others come, hopefully the Wall is high enough (but can they climb?) Lastly, is the Wall's height made to discourage Wildings from climbing it then? :dunno:

Well, we know the builders are constantly adding ice to the Wall, maybe it wasn't that high when Brandon built it?

Good point about the wildlings shooting arrows. I just hope we know if the Others know how to shoot arrows, too.

Well, we know the builders are constantly adding ice to the Wall, maybe it wasn't that high when Brandon built it?

Yep, it's not super high once upon a time.

Archived