Small questions v.10009

Angalin

I'm not entirely sure there was a Master of Whisperers post before Aerys brought Varys over. Bloodraven was close with his "thousand eyes and one" but he's never referred to as such and later becomes hand.

According to the wiki, FWIW, Brynden Rivers is called a Master of Whisperers.

I'm not entirely sure there was a Master of Whisperers post before Aerys brought Varys over. Bloodraven was close with his "thousand eyes and one" but he's never referred to as such and later becomes hand.

I'm not saying you're wrong and I can't point to the spot but do think BR was called a Mstr of Whispers at one point.

Oh now I see I must have read that on the Wiki at some point. Well in any case I think it's pretty obvious that's what he was doing.

No, after disastrous war known as Dance of Dragons, Targs changed the rules of primogeniture so that eldest son always interhits ahead of daughters.

But when does a daughter come in question?

I mean, if Tywin don't have any inheritable boys, shouldn't Casterly Rock go first to Kevan, then to Lancel, before Cersei?

And also: Stannis before Myrcella? Or do I take this too paternally..?

But when does a daughter come in question?

I mean, if Tywin don't have any inheritable boys, shouldn't Casterly Rock go first to Kevan, then to Lancel, before Cersei?

And also: Stannis before Myrcella? Or do I take this too paternally..?

The Targaryens followed different rules for the thrones than the rest of the nobles did with their titles.

For instance, both of Tywins sons would inherit before Cersei. But Cersei would inherit before Kevan.

Meanwhile, say Rhaegar became king. Aegon would be his heir, but after that Viserys, not Rhaenys.

Ok so this is the small questions thread and I have a small question. On the last Bran POV in A Clash of Kings Jojen says "We should go. So much death will bring other wolves.......and not all on four feet." Ok so is he talking about werewoves?!?!? what the actual fuck.

He is talking about people, who behave like wolves

'Mr Bell' wrote:

The Targaryens followed different rules for the thrones than the rest of the nobles did with their titles.

For instance, both of Tywins sons would inherit before Cersei. But Cersei would inherit before Kevan.

Meanwhile, say Rhaegar became king. Aegon would be his heir, but after that Viserys, not Rhaenys.

============================================================================

This is true of most modern monarchies in the West. However, now that monarchs are figureheads and have NO military input beyond the ceremonial, there's no need to prefer boys. In the last two months, with the possiblity that Prince William and Kate might have a girl, Parliament and the British Commonwealth agreed that the heir would be the firstborn, no matter which gender it was. In the event, it was a boy. But it's nice to know that a princess would have immediately been declared heir. In recent years, girls born into nobility with titles, castles, fortunes, etc have started complaining that they were being passed over. This was especially galling when they had no brothers, and some distant male cousins had to be brought in to continue the title. (Downton Abbey;s main family has this problems.) There is now a growing movement to rectify this injustice.

you forgot Jon. :ack:

Why is the theory called "Theon Durden"?

In the novel and film, Fight Club, the protagonist has an alter ego that he is unaware of, named Tyler Durden.

Played by brad Pitt in the film

Great film, BTW

Sequel in the form of a graphic novel has recently been announced

Archived