Lines That Give You Chills Everytime

mindchap

When the realization hit me....

Lord Manderly was so drunk he required four strong men to help him from the hall. “We should have a song about the Rat Cook,” he was muttering, as he staggered past Theon, leaning on his knights. “Singer, give us a song about the Rat Cook.”

Lady Genna Lannister to Ser Jaime: AFFC Ch. 33 -

"Jaime, sweetling, I have known you since you were a babe at Joanna's breast. You smile like Gerion and fight like Tyg and there's some of Kevan in you, else you would not wear that cloak...but Tyrion is Tywin's son, not you. I said so once to your father's face, and he would not speak to me for half a year"

After Septon Meribald makes the Broken man speech and tells them how he lost his family to war.

Ser Hyle Hunt- "The War of the Ninepenny kings?"

Meribald -"So they called it , though i never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war though. That it was."

GRRM at his best.

Also,

after Stannis makes Davos his Hand

Davos- I am lowborn ,your grace. Your Lords will never listen to me.

Stannis- Then we will make new lords.

"The north remembers, Lord Davos. The north remembers, and the mummer's farce is almost done. My son is home"’

This is Stannis Baratheon. The man will fight to the bitter end and then some

There is no creature on earth half so terrifying as a truly just man

"Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. And some will lose more than the tips off their fingers, I promise you. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."

"What does Stannis offers you? Vengeance. Vengeance for my sons and yours, for your husbands and your fathers and your brothers. Vengeance for your your murdered lord, your murdered king, your butchered princes. Vengeance!"

"Winter is coming, and with it the white walkers. The Wall is where we stop them. The Wall was made to stop them … but the Wall must be manned. This discussion is at an end. "

"Edd, fetch me a block."

”Are you hungry, child?”

Yes, she thought, but not for food.”

"He is welcome to try. Whatever name he goes by."

I defeated your uncle Victarion and his Iron Fleet off Fair Isle, the first time your father crowned himself. I held Storm’s End against the power of the Reach for a year, and took Dragonstone from the Targaryens. I smashed Mance Rayder at the Wall, though he had twenty times my numbers. Tell me, turncloak, what battles has the Bastard of Bolton ever won that I should fear him?

“A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf’s Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men!”

"They killed Lord Eddard and Lady Catelyn and King Robb. He was our king! He was brave and good and the Freys murdered him. If Lord Stannis will avenge him, we should join Lord Stannis."

"Bear Island knows no king but the King in the North, whose name is STARK."

"The wolves will come again"

"What if the wolves come?" "Yield"

"The King in the North"

edit:

After Septon Meribald makes the Broken man speech and tells them how he lost his family to war.

Ser Hyle Hunt- "The War of the Ninepenny kings?"

Meribald -"So they called it , though i never saw a king, nor earned a penny. It was a war though. That it was."

GRRM at his best.

this one too

Ser Waymar Royce found his fury. "For Robert!" he shouted, and he came up snarling,lifting the frost covered longsword with both hands and swinging it around in a flat sidearm slash with all his weight behind it.The Others parry was almost lazy.

This sequence...

and Doran's best moment Vengence,Justice...Fire and Blood.

"When Viserys sold their mother’s crown, the last joy had gone from him." - Silver lady

"I did wait. For my crown, for my throne, for you. All those years, and all I ever got was a pot of molten gold. Why did they give the dragon's eggs to you? They should have been mine. If I’d had a dragon, I would have taught the world the meaning of those words." - Khal Rhaggat

Archived