Lines That Give You Chills Everytime

mindchap

"Save me, succor me, make me wealthy... protect me!"

I don't know why but everytime i come to the "protect me!" parts i have the chills.

And i can't skip the line that made me cry like a little girl:

"You shouldn't have hit me with an axe," she said. "You should have saved my mother." She turned her horse and rode away from him, and never looked back once.

1. Victarion vs the Rose (pure badassery from everyone present for that chapter)

2. Kingsmoot (EURON KING! EURON!!) the creaky door hinge adds to the absolute horror Damphair is feeling.

3. Stannis vs Wildlings

4.The chain at Blackwater Bay (I flipped out)

"I'm sure that, if you were to ask him, he'd rather have a live daughter than a broken shield."

Not the exact quote, but that line from the Elder Brother puts me in a sad, sad mood.

"I know about the promise … Maester Theomore, tell them! A thousand years before the Conquest, a promise was made, and oaths were sworn in the Wolf's Den before the old gods and the new. When we were sore beset and friendless, hounded from our homes and in peril of our lives, the wolves took us in and nourished us and protected us against our enemies. The city is built upon the land they gave us. In return we swore that we should always be their men. Stark men."

“Now tell this old widow how she may be of service to you.”

“We need swift passage to Meereen.”

One word. Tyrion Lannister’s world turned upside down.

One word. Meereen. Or had he misheard?

One word. Meereen, he said Meereen, he’s taking me to Meereen. Meereen meant life.

Or hope for life, at least.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

The sound went on and on, until it seemed it would never die. The ravens were flapping and screaming, flying about their cages and banging off the bars, and all about the camp the brothers of the Night's Watch were rising, donning their armor, buckling on swordbelts, reaching for battleaxes and bows. Samwell Tarly stood shaking, his face the same color as the snow that swirled down all around them. "Three," he squeaked to Chett, "that was three, I heard three. They never blow three. Not for hundreds and thousands of years. Three means ---"

"---Others."

"The grave casts long shadows, Iron Lord," Mirri said. "Long and dark, and in the end no light can hold them back."

All she's saying is basically the same as "Valar Morghulis", we all must die, but it sends shivers up my spine.

Archived