Lines That Give You Chills Everytime

mindchap

• "And now it begins," said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light."
    "No," Ned said with sadness in his voice. "Now it ends."
  • "How many eyes does lord Bloodraven has? Thousand and one."
  • "Fear cuts deeper than swords."

"Lord Seaworth is a man of humble birth, but he reminded me of my duty, when all I could think of was my rights. I had the cart before the horse, Davos said. I was trying to win the throne to save the kingdom, when I should have been trying to save the kingdom to win the throne." Stannis pointed north. "There is where I'll find the enemy I was born to fight."

"You raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children." ... "EEEEEELIIIIIAAAAAAA!"

Cat having Tyrion arrested....the first stone thrown...always gives me chills...it helps that the whole passage is pretty cool by itself. They really nailed that scene in the show as well.

Of course: " I drink with Jared, jape with Symond, promise Rhaegar the hand of my own beloved granddaughter…but never think that means I have forgotten.

The North remembers, Lord Davos. The North remembers, and the mummer’s farce is almost done. My son is home."

"Not today"

"Dracarys" - Daenerys Stormborn

This!

"You have no witness!"

"As it happens, you're wrong there. Milady?"

The outlaws parted as she came forward, saying no word. When she lowered her hood, something tightened inside Merrett's chest, and for a moment he could not breathe. No. No, I saw her die. She was dead for a day and night before they stripped her naked and threw her body in the river. Raymund opened her throat from ear to ear. She was dead.

^This. But the major one for me is the subsequent "She don't speak. You bloody bastards cut her throat too deep for that, but she remembers."

Found this to be a rather chilling line on a re-read that essentially foreshadows Catelyn's transformation into LS

"After she'd undressed and hung her wet clothing by the fire, she donned a warm wool dress of Tully red and blue, washed and brushed her hair and let it dry, and went in search of Freys."

Found this to be a rather chilling line on a re-read that essentially foreshadows Catelyn's transformation into LS

"After she'd undressed and hung her wet clothing by the fire, she donned a warm wool dress of Tully red and blue, washed and brushed her hair and let it dry, and went in search of Freys."

Great spot.

Archived