Top 4 POV Characters Stories?

TamingAemon

Doesn't have to be the characters who are your favourite but the characters you most like reading about and why?

Mine would have to be

1. Tyrion - His chapters are just always interesting due to Tyrion's brain and wit

2. Jon - I love reading about how he is progressing from a bastard boy to a natural leader

3. Jaime - His change of character is interesting and I love his flashbacks to the time of The Mad King

4. Arya - I love reading about how the The Faceless Men become extremely dangerous killers

(5. Bran in WoW, I just think his chapters could be really interesting due to the possibility of time travel might get to see a bit of Rhaegar or even go as far back as when The Wall was only being built!)

1-Sansa

2-Catelyn

3-Bran (mostly after ACOK)

4-Jamie

5- I'd like to add Theon but only in DWD so i guess that's Reek not theon (he's not officially on my list because he was good for only one book)

Tyrion- Especially in ASOS with his whole trial thing and after the Blackwater.

Jaime- His POVs were great in ASOS and his redemption arc is amazing.

Bran- In ASOS and ADWD when he starts going further north to seek the Three-Eyed Crow.

Ned- Just his whole storyline with the incest and trying to survive in KL.

(5/Honourable Mention, Jon. I liked it when he was Beyond The Wall, and when he's LC and has to deal with the Wildlings and keep The Wall going)

These aren't neccessarily my favourite characters, but the ones I find to have the best interactions.

Tyrion - his dysfunctional family, and I can sympathise with him alot. His interactions with Oberyn, Jaime, JonCon etc. Plus he's quite funny.

Victarion - I like the cultural backstory and history of the ironborn. His conversations with Euron, and learning more about him. His chapters are damn entertaining too.

Arya - probably runs into the coolest characters, Syrio, Jaqen, Beric, the Hound etc. Really enjoy her story.

Davos - really interesting relationship with Stannis, all around good guy, his whole trip to White Harbour is a treat to read. I kept thinking he was dead, and he keeps coming back.

Honorable mention - Reek - not a huge fan of Theon, could definitely sympathis with him in his altered state. Very well written overall.

ETA: Forgot about Ned. Lot of lore in his POV and the legendary ToJ sequence.

Doesn't have to be the characters who are your favourite but the characters you most like reading about and why?

1. Arya - It's been that way ever since Ned died and it has never changed.

2. Tyrion - It's the character that moves around the most and the POV that ponders events the most.

3. Daenerys - Because she's the last Targaryen and the one whose storyline changes the most throughout the saga.

4. Jon - Because I just had the feeling he would make it to Lord Commander ever since he was a bastard and I'm glad to be proved right.

Honest question here: Why is that every poll you always asks us to pick 4 (why not 5? or 10? or 3?). Why is that 4 is always the magic number???

Bran because of the magical elements.

Cersei because of the crazy shits she's doing.

Dany because of the struggles she's facing and the controversies in her story.

Arya because of her many adventures and interesting people she meets along the way.

Honest question here: Why is that every poll you always asks us to pick 4 (why not 5? or 10? or 3?). Why is that 4 is always the magic number???

Just is I guess, DEAL WITH IT

Haha no but seriously if you were to believe all the theories especially R+L=J Dany isn't the last Targ, being honest I think there is still 3 Targaryens, Dany, Jon and Aegon.

Because 3 is too few, 5 &10 are too much, but 4 is juuust right :P.

- Bran

I love all his chapters. From his very first one riding out to see the deserter get beheaded all the way to him and Bloodraven in the cave. I love the Nightfort and Knight of the Laughing Tree chapters. The one in GOT where we get introduced to all the Northern Lords is awesome and the final chapter in Clash always brings water to the eyes. Can't believe people actually think his POV is boring.

- Sansa

Another POV whose chapters I basically always love. I really enjoy reading her character progression plus Kings Landing up to ASOS is one of the most interesting settings to read about. But even after she left KL her chapters have only gotten better imo. Snowcastle Sansa is easily a top 5 chapter of the entire ASOIAF. Can't wait to see what happens with her in Winds.

- Catelyn

Heartbreaking. Best written character in the series as far as i'm concerned. KOTN, Whispering Woods, and RW are all very high on my favorite chapters list.

- Davos

Always happy to see that an Onion Knight chapter is next. Love the insight into Stannis we get and even after he leaves Stannis side after ASOS his chapters were still brilliant. Can't wait to see some Rickon/Davos interaction.

Haha no but seriously if you were to believe all the theories especially R+L=J Dany isn't the last Targ, being honest I think there is still 3 Targaryens, Dany, Jon and Aegon.

I think you need to read up on some Aegon Blackfyre theories.

I was like you, I thought Aegon was real, but then I read up about him being a Blackfyre.

1. Arya - It's been that way ever since Ned died and it has never changed.

2. Tyrion - It's the character that moves around the most and the POV that ponders events the most.

3. Daenerys - Because she's the last Targaryen and the one whose storyline changes the most throughout the saga.

4. Jon - Because I just had the feeling he would make it to Lord Commander ever since he was a bastard and I'm glad to be proved right.

Just is I guess, DEAL WITH IT

I just like to stick to my own theories while reading a book and, Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, has never been one of them.

Especially not after Griff and Griff Jr. proved me right (I had the theory Aegon wasn't dead because a crushed skull doesn't allow anyone to indentify an infant).

I think you need to read up on some Aegon Blackfyre theories.

I was like you, I thought Aegon was real, but then I read up about him being a Blackfyre.

I have read up on the Blackfyre theories but I just think Aegon being rescued is more likely, I don't see why Varys would lie to a dying Kevan Lannister.

I have read up on the Blackfyre theories but I just think Aegon being rescued is more likely, I don't see why Varys would lie to a dying Kevan Lannister.

I don't want to derail this thread, but Varys didn't lie to Kevan. He said Aegon has returned, he just didn't say which one...

Kevan doesn't bother asking "Aegon Targaryen? Son of Rhaegar and Elia?"

I just like to stick to my own theories while reading a book and, Jon being the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna, has never been one of them.

Especially not after Griff and Griff Jr. proved me right (I had the theory Aegon wasn't dead because a crushed skull doesn't allow anyone to indentify an infant).

We'll just have to wait and see who Jon's parents are,

Ned and Ashara 2/1

Rhaegar and Lyanna 5/2

Ned and Wylla 3/1

Patchface and Cersei Lannister evens

We'll just have to wait and see who Jon's parents are,

Rhaegar and Lyanna 2/1

Ned and Ashara 5/2

Ned and Wylla 3/1

Patchface and Cersei Lannister evens

You have a lot to learn here TamingAemon, a lot to learn :).

Archived